Tips on how to stay safe in dangerous situations
Simple things to do
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Avoid putting headphones in both ears. If someone is targeting you, you may not be able to hear them coming after you if you have your headphones in.
- Don't isolate yourself with someone you don't know, or someone whom you don't trust.
- Try not to have too many things with you. If you need to run, having too many bags with you may slow you down
- Carry pepper spray, and/or a whistle with you. If you feel threatened, blowing your whistle may attract the attention of others
- Learn self-defense techniques