Symmes Elementary School
Important Dates for your Calendar
Jan. 27 Symmes Cultural Celebration 6:00 - 9:00
Feb. 7 Kindergarten Registration 4:30 - 6:00
Feb. 9 SY PTO Meeting 9:30 am
Feb. 20 No School - Presidents' Day
Help for our Cultural Event on January 27th
We need helpers for Cultural Night January 27! We hope you can join us! If you would like to volunteer to help, please sign up on the link below. Thank you so much!
MORNING DROP OFF SAFETY
- DO NOT let your children exit your car until you are at the yellow cones.
- Drop off is open from 9:00 - 9:10.
- If you arrive AFTER 9:10, you will need to park your car and bring your children in the front door. They will be marked tardy AFTER 9:15 arrival.
- PLEASE, do NOT drop children off in front of the building, as this is for BUSSES only.
- Keep in mind, we are doing the best we can! Our main goal is to keep our children safe.
NEW LUNCH MENU
We have a new lunch menu and rotation that began January 5th. . It is available online:
Kindergarten Registration for the Class of 2030
Kindergarten registration at Symmes is February 7, 2017 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. If you have neighbors with children who will be 5 on or before September 30, 2017, please share this information with them!
Materials needed to register for kindergarten:
- Photo I.D.
- Child’s current immunization records
- Original birth certificate/proof of birth or passport
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Proof of residence (mortgage deed, current rental/lease agreement)
- Child care provider’s name, address and phone number (if applicable);
- If you are new to the district, you will need to click on "New Student" to begin filling out your information. If you have a current student in the district, please verify that your information is correct in Final Forms. If you cannot fill out your form online, please contact the district office at (513) 686-1709. If there are issues with your online registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have filled out and completed your forms, please print them out and bring them with you to your registration date.
- A physician’s report and dental report. This should be completed and returned no later than the first day of school.
- If you are interested in Full-Day Kindergarten, please fill out the full day form and turn in at the registration dates above to be entered into the lottery for Full-Day. There is a $100.00 deposit due at time of registration if you are interested in full day kindergarten.
Symmes Candyland Carnival is coming!
Symmes Candyland Carnival 2017!!!
Friday, March 3
Carnival is coming! Symmes Candyland Carnival will take place at Symmes Elementary from 5:30-9:00 pm on Friday, March 3, 2017. Please bring your family and friends to share in this exciting event! All are welcome! Carnival is one of the most fun-filled nights of the year for Symmes’ staff and students. There will be lots of games, great food, and prizes!
Carnival is also our largest PTO fundraiser. Parents will have the opportunity to support our school through the online silent auction, attending great gatherings, trying to win a teacher auction, purchase game/food tickets and much much more.
Last year, with your help, our carnival raised enough money that the PTO was able to provide:
Chromebooks for EACH student in both 2nd and 3rd grades!!
PEACEBUILDERS anti-bullying program
The playground GAGA PIT!!!!
Please take time to “Like” the Symmes Elementary School Facebook page where important information about this event and others will be posted and shared.
We always need volunteers to make our carnival run smoothly! If you can help us, please go to our sign-up genius below:
PEACEBUILDERS PARENT TRAINING
Peacebuilders Parent Training
for Maple Dale and Symmes Families
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 6:00-8:00
Symmes Elementary Multipurpose Room
Light Dinner Provided
Peacebuilder Parent Workshop is an interactive and engaging session designed to teach parents techniques to create a peaceful home and a positive learning experience for their child. This workshop will help to build a common language between school and home. A certified trainer from Peacebuilders, along with the administrative staff from Maple Dale and Symmes will lead the training. All materials will be provided. Please join us!