SGE Family Newsletter
September 19, 2022
Para traducir esta carta al espanol, haga clic en "Translate/Traducir" a la derecha de la pantalla. Haga clic en el menu despegable para seleccionar el idioma preferido.
To translate this letter to a different language, click "Translate" on the right side of the screen. Click on the drop-down menu to select the preferred language.
September - Hydrocephalus Awareness Month
Sept 19-23 - Start with Hello Dress Up Days (see flyer below)
Sept 21 - PTO Meeting, 6pm
Sept 21 - Instructional Technologist Day
Sept 23 - End of 1st Six Weeks
Sept 26 - No School / Staff Development
Sept 29 - Report Cards Post to Family Access (K-2nd)
Sept 30 - Smart Smiles Treatment Day
Sept 30 - National Custodian Day
Oct 3 - Strategic Planning Town Hall Meeting at BHS Library, 6pm
Oct 5 - Fall Individual Pictures
Oct 5 - World Teacher Day
Oct 6 - Chocolate Bar Fundraiser Kick-Off Assembly
Oct 6 - Instructional Coach Day
Oct 10 - No School / Staff Development
Oct 10-14 - Fire Prevention Week
Oct 14 - First Responders' Game Day - Wear Red, White & Blue
Oct 21 - Pink Out Game Day (Breast Cancer Awareness)
Oct 22 - BMS Zombie Color Run (see info below)
Oct 24-28 - Red Ribbon Week
Oct 31 - No School / Staff Development
Oct 24-28 - Book Fair
Oct 25 - Reading Under the Stars
Burnet Middle School Zombie Color Run
On October 22nd, BMS will be hosting a Zombie Color run as our fundraiser for this year.
- We will have a 2 mile color run where runners are doused from head to toe in a different colored powder. Participants wear white at the starting line and finish the race plastered in color - plus we added in some middle school zombies for fun! White BMS Bulldog t-shirts for the race are included with registration.
- We will also have a kid's color run in the BMS parking lot for young ones ages 1-10. Zombies are available for a "meet and greet" for kids who are interested. White BMS Bulldog t-shirts are also included in this registration.
- Finally, if you're not interested in the run, but would like a BMS Bulldog t-shirt, those are available for purchase!
All 3 of these options are in the Burnet Middle School Store or in person at BMS.
We will also be selling sponsorships. If you are interested in sponsoring our Zombie Run, please email Travis Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Viewing Progress Reports and Report Cards
See directions below, and be sure to electronically sign each report.
How do I request a change in transportation?
- Submit an email on the same day as the transportation change request by 1:30pm to: email@example.com
- Include the following details in the email:
-student's full name
-student's grade level
-student's homeroom teacher
-the transportation change you want made for today (bus to car, car to bus, etc)
In order to ensure a smooth dismissal process for all students, requests made after 1:30pm will not be processed. Notes, phone calls, text messages and emails sent to any other email will not be processed.
Click this link to view transportation contact information, bus service registration, and an FAQ regarding bus transportation.
Shady Grove Elementary School
7:15am Office Opens
7:40am School Begins
7:45am Tardy Bell
9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
1:30pm Transportation changes due, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3:20pm Student Dismissal
4:00pm Office/School Closes