Week of Sept. 4th...
LA Staff News
~Reminder~Take attendance for the corresponding hours in PowerSchool. The MOST important hour is 2nd hour--and make sure that is recorded by 9:15.
Monday: Labor Day
Thursday: LTS Chemical Health Classes resume 10:00 on Thursdays
Visible Learning at LA (Melissa, Chad, Art, Summer) in PM
Items to Note:
9/14: Teacher PDPs due in NEE
9/14: Safe Schools Modules Due
9/20: Early Release
9/21: District PD Day
LHS/LN Football Game
9/27: Visible Learning Teacher Cohort at DAC PM (Summer, Paul)
A look into Calm.com
In the graphic below, you will see the options JUST for the section titled Foundation and Beginner Techniques.
However, the following categories ALSO exist under the Meditate button:
- Relieve Anxiety and Mindfulness
- Sleep Better and Wake Up Refreshed
- Increase Focus for Peak Performance
- Reduce Stress with Meditation
- Bring Mindfulness into Your Relationships
- Learn to Manage Your Emotions
- Practice Self-Care
- Invest in Your Personal Growth
- Find Your Inner Peace
- Gain Resilience to Ride the Waves of Life with Ease
- Deepen Your Practice with Insight
Under each of those categories you see below, there are a number of lessons that can be completed in sequential order.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if our kids would do these to HELP themselves while also earning credit on their PE log?
Getting Acquainted Circle Prompts
- Share a happy childhood memory.
- If you could be a superhero, whichsuperpower would you choose and why?
- How would your best friend describe you?
- What would you NOT want to change about your life? Why?
- If you could talk to someone from your family who is no longer alive, who it would be? What would you want to talk about?
- If you had an unexpected free day and could anything you wished, what would you do?
- If you were an animal, what type would you be and why?
- What is a memory you have of time spent in nature?
- Who do you respect, and why?
- What change would you like to see in your community? What can you do to promote that change?
- What was a time when you were outside your comfort zone? What did you do, and what were the results?
- What is it like for you when someone is angry at you?
LA Students in LTS
Don't forget about the pieces of LA that these students are missing out on. If things are recorded and uploaded to Canva, please make sure you ask Robin to ask them to watch them. We want their transition to us to be as smooth as possible when the time comes.
Sir Jameson Thomas (Goes by Jameson)
Logan Reiter (has transferred out)
*These students will attend face to face math. They will also be available for you to pull out for any necessary times. Please communicate with Robin.