The impact this project will have on myself and others is knowledge. We all need to know more about animal cruelty, how to prevent it, how to spot it, and how to stop it. This knowledge is important for every animal out there that is getting abused.
- Puppy mills are commercial dog breeding operations that put greater priority on profits than the health of the puppies. Many dogs are plagued with illnesses like kidney or heart disease as a result of the conditions they’re kept in.
- Dogfighting has been reported in urban, suburban, and rural settings in all regions of the country.
- Over 115 million animals, mice, rats, dogs, cats, rabbits, monkeys, birds, ect. are killed in laboratory experiments worldwide for chemical, drug, food, and cosmetics testing every year.
- Thousands of greyhounds die each year—some in the name of “selective breeding”—before they ever touch a racetrack. Many dogs do not make it to the nominal “retirement” age of 4 or 5.
- More than 50% the fur in the US comes from China, where millions of dogs and cats are often bled to death and skinned alive for their fur, Chinese fur is often mislabeled.
Why Animal Cruelty?
I chose this project because I love every animal out there. I believe that animal cruelty is one of the most disgusting thing you could ever be involved in. I chose this project because animal abuse needs to stop, and to stop it, people need to know about it. People need to know the facts and how to help stop this tragic crime.