Quest 4 & 5
Synthesis & Test
It's not about plugging into devices - it's about being plugged into each other
Monday Movement Game
5 minute warm up based on your Danielson Rock, Paper, Scissors - best out of 3 please discuss:
- If you tie all 3 rounds: How does the Danielson Framework impact you as a future educator?
- If one person wins 2/3 How does the Danielson Framework relate to what you have learned about in other education courses?
- If one person wins all 3 rounds How does the framework relate to growth mindset, ISTE NETS, or the SAMR model?
Quest 4 Synthesis & Test: Google activity in guilds
- Get into guilds
- Exchange names and "Google" one person (each of you should be googling a different person in your guild)
- What can you infer from your partner's online presence?
- Discuss findings
- What can you do to improve your professional, digital presence?
- Why is it important?
- You need to harness what is online about you!
- Make the professional public and personal private!
Quest 5 Synthesis: Discuss PLN & twitter for professional use
Guilds 8 am
Hannah Wright: Breakfast club, Unanimous Dinosaurs
Mollie: Tech Support
Guilds 9 am
Mollie: Mathletes, Teaching ninjas
Natalie: Silent Assassins, Technolonijas
Virtual co-op reveal!
Why? - Meaningful and authentic space for technology projects, not busy work. You are creating something for a teacher to use in their classroom and maybe for your future classroom!
Email your virtual co-op
- Follow your virtual c o-op on Twitter
- Introduce yourself
- Share a bit about you
- Set up a time/date to skype or google hangout with him/her to introduce yourself and get to know their class and needs. You must talk to your co-op by the beginning of class on Monday, Feb 1.
- CC Dr. Fecich on this email please