Park City School District Newsletter: January 2017
IMPORTANT TOPICS AT TUESDAY'S BOARD MEETING
Park City School District Board of Education: Regular Session
Tuesday, January 24 at 4 p.m.
District Office (2700 Kearns Blvd.)
Of particular interest on the (scheduled) agenda:
5 - 8 Curriculum Update:
- A recommendation from the 5-8 Grade Curriculum Team will be given to the Board.
- It is expected to include an education model to create the best academic environment for our students.
- There will also be a grade-pairing recommendation.
Bond Decision Timeline
- The School Board has embraced the need to keep our community fully informed, especially when taxpayer funds come into play.
- As the Board adheres to its oath to be respectful of spending taxpayer money, it will make the most responsible decisions possible.
- With that in mind, the Board is expected to hold an extensive discussion following the recommendation from the 5-8 Curriculum team, along with potential additional future needs of the school district.
- There are a number of further educational expansions that should occur to ensure the best education possible for our students. The list potentially includes:
- A new elementary school
- New land for future development
- An additional phase for the PCHS Expansion
- Other items as yet undetermined
- This will happen before and after the Public Comment segment (5:30PM) of the Board session.
- Again -- going to bond to fund necessary growth in the Park City School District is highly likely -- and we want to be sure the Park City community is kept aware of every step of the process.
Items to Keep in Mind
- This is the discussion phase.
- A decision to go into a bond cycle would be made in March.
- A resolution to bond would need to be made and passed 70 days prior to the election.
PARK CITY HIGH SCHOOL EXPANSION AND DESIGN TEAM
Final Community Input Meeting Scheduled
Final Community Input Meeting
Thursday, February 2 at 6PM
Park City High School Lecture Hall
A translator and childcare will be provided. It is critical for teachers, students and our community to weigh in with thoughts and feedback. Your input does make a difference. Two additional options have been created in the prior two input meetings. Please invest two hours of your life to provide a better four years of your child's education. You can find much more information HERE -- and you can also provide feedback via the website pchs-expansion.org.
SCHOOL START TIMES UPDATE
Park City School District has a new Transportation Director, Richard Eddington! PCSD has awarded the transportation consultant contract to School Bus Consultants. The consultant begins site visits this month -- January 2017. For all the very latest information on the School Start Times - CLICK HERE.
SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL
FRIDAY NIGHT TIMING
If you are unable to attend, Community Relations Specialist Molly Miller (email@example.com) will send out a recap email with decisions made and video links. Please feel free to reach out at any time with questions, comments and concerns.