Mrs. King's 2nd Grade Class
November 14, 2014
Veteran's Day Celebration
Additionally, students shared if they had any friends or family members who are currently serving, or have previously. Josh brought in pictures of a very important veteran in his life...his dad! Thanks for sharing with us Josh!
Students learned about Kevin Henkes and gained lots of insight on his writing!
While reading Lilly's Big Day by Kevin Henkes, students took notes on white boards. They wrote down characteristics of Lilly, and interesting things they noticed Kevin did in his writing!
One for Books!
A HUGE thank you to everyone who donated to One for Books! Our class raised a little over $130 for me to spend at the book fair for our classroom library! The picture is only a SMALL sample of the books I purchased! Thank you so much for your support!
Staying warm at recess!
In addition to wearing a warm winter coat, here are a few tips to help ensure that your child stays warm during the cold winter months!
- Send students to school with plenty of layers, sweatshirts, sweaters and pullovers. Layering clothing will allow them to add or remove items depending on the weather.
- Hats are one of the most important parts of dressing warmly in the winter. A thick winter hat will keep students from losing too much of that essential body heat.
- Gloves will keep kids’ hands toasty warm and protect their skin from becoming damaged by the wind and chill!
In order to play in the snow, students are required to to wear boots and gloves. It is also very helpful if all items are labeled with your child's name.
Important Information for next week!
Mark your Calendar!
- November 26-28: Thanksgiving Break
- December 18th: Gingerbread House Decorating
Next Week's Specials
Tuesday 11/18- Day 5: Music
Wednesday 11/19- Day 6: Art
Thursday 11/20- Day 1: P.E.
Friday 11/21- Day 2: Music and Library
We are Learning...
Math: We will be working on two digit addition with and without regrouping.
Writing: We are continuing to study author Kevin Henkes. We are noticing his craft (specific writing skills) to help us become better writers!
Science: We are completing our study of the sun and the moon! We will review all that we have learned about the moon, the sun, and all the things effected by them!