Toys R Us
Sreypich Heng - Criteria C - Creating the Solution
- Measuring the body of the giraffe (10 mins)
- Start sewing the body (25 mins)
- Stuff the body with cotton (5 mins)
- Cut out the head (4 mins)
- Sew half of the head (15 mins)
- Cut the poka-dots (15 mins)
- Stick them on to the giraffe (25 mins)
- Finishing touches on the ears and other places (30 mins)
- Show day
Step #1: Draw your design and label the lengths
By doing this step, it is going to help you cut and measure correctly when you make your toy.
Step #2: Get your materials
Ask your teacher to get what you need
Step #3 : Start cutting and sewing
You will need a half a meter ruler, to measure and cut out the body of the giraffe.
Measure the length and width of the giraffe's body. Mark the points and then cut it out.
Put the threat into the needle and tie of the bottom.
Start sewing, which ever way you prefer.
Step #4: Flip it inside out
After, you finish sewing the body, flip it inside out. Flipping it inside out, is going to help you see a clean look on the giraffe.
Step #5: Stuff the body
It's a soft toy, so we have to stuff it. By stuffing the toy, it will look fuller and easier to grab.
Step #6: Cut the head, sew it and attach it
You will need to find an oval object to outline the head in. Then, you'll need to sew it and then flip it as usual. After that, you'll need to attach the head to the neck by glueing it or sewing it. In this case, I hot glue gun it because it was easier.
Find oval object to trace your felt
Sew it close and flip it inside out
Attach it to the neck by using a hot glue gun or continue sewing it
Step #7: Finishing touches
Finish all the little details and you're done!
Draw little circles to act as poka-dots for your giraffe
Cut them out and hot glue gun it onto the giraffe
Step #3: Make the tail
To make the tail, you'll need to cut out a small rectangle of a blue felt. Two of them.
Make the ear and attach it.
Changes from Draft to Final
- A lot of the measurement from my draft was too small, so during the creating part, I made my measurements smaller or bigger to fit the right size.
- I changed the colors too, due to the lack of materials.