April 16, 2018
51st Annual Five County Invitational Art Show!
Oak Harbor High School will be hosting the 51st Annual Five County Invitational Art Show on April 28th and 29th. Art teachers from Erie, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, and Wood counties will fill the cafeteria and auditorium lobby areas with quality examples of artwork created by students and art educators.
Various students’ artwork, both three-dimensional and two-dimensional, will be judged by professionals from the University of Toledo’s Art Department. Best-of-Show will be awarded at both middle school and high school levels for two-dimensional and three-dimensional artworks. First, second, and third place ribbons will be awarded in more than fifty categories at the middle school and high school levels. Additionally, Port Clinton’s Artist Club awards three cash prizes.
Tune in every Monday for #MakeADifferenceMonday where we will feature a stakeholder, student, or fellow alumni answering "Five questions for B-C-S"
This week B-C-S is featuring, OHMS 5th Grader, Hailey Ayres!
1. Please tell us a little about yourself and what grade you’re in.
- I am in ballet, tumbling and basketball. I live on a farm with cat’s dogs and horses. I am a 5th grader at OHMS and I have an 8 year old little brother.
2. What is your favorite part of the school day?
- My favorite part of the day is art class with Mrs. Warren. I like to draw and do lots of arts and crafts.
3. What is your favorite subject? What do you like about it?
- Other than Art I really like Language Arts. I like reading and writing. We just finished reading Number of the Stars.
4. What are your goals for the end of the 5th grade school year or just life goals?
- I would like to stay on the honor roll. I have been on honor roll all three quarters this year and hope to keep getting all A's. I want to be a pharmacist when I grow up. I like to help people feel better.
5. What hobbies do you have?
- I enjoy Ballet, tumbling, Art, and working with my horses Big Time and Chick!
13abc All Stars Charity Basketball Game!
An Important Message from the B-C-S Food Service Department
The PayForIt website has been updated and is now located at www.payschoolscentral.com. Parents may log in with the same username and password that they had used at the previous site. While parent info and student account info were rolled over into the new accounts, there have been some issues with the updating of the autopay option.
We encourage all parents to log in to the new site to be sure that their payment and student information is correct. We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate any feedback in regards to the updates. The link to the new site can also be found on the Food Service tab under the B-C-S homepage.
Updates to the website include the ability to view and restrict student meal accounts with no credit card information necessary. We hope this helps parents with managing student meal accounts, and are happy to answer any questions at 419-898-6216 xt 2115 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tune in every week for Levy Facts!
Early Voting began April 10!
Election day is May 8, 2018. Absentee Voting (Early Voting) begins on April 10, 2018 at the Ottawa County Board of Elections office located at 8444 West SR 163 in Oak Harbor (just west of the county fairground). Voters can show up in person at their office at the following times:
Monday through Friday from April 10 through April 27 from 8--5. From Monday, April 30 through Friday, May 4 the Board of Elections is open from 8--7 for early voting. On Saturday, May 5 they are open from 8--4; on Sunday, May 6 they are open from 1--5; and on Monday, May 7 they are open from 8--2.
Still have questions regarding the two (2) separate levy issues on the May 8th ballot for operating expenses? Visit our website!
Guy Parmigian, Superintendent of Benton-Carroll-Salem Schools, and Treasurer Cajon Keeton, held a news conference on Monday, April 9th - read about it here.
What's Going On At RC Waters Elementary?
3rd Grade Students Begin Testing!
This week at RC Waters!
This group of girls created a song and dance "dedicated to Mrs. Mussell, their beloved teacher". They asked Mrs. Mussell to sit and they performed their song for the class.
The halls are beginning to fill with student artwork in preparation for our annual art show. Be sure to join us Wednesday, April 18th from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
First grade students worked in groups and used base-ten blocks to solve multi-step place value problems.
What's Going On At Oak Harbor Middle School?
4th and 5th Grade Students Begin Testing!
Quarter Wars Competition Starts Monday, April 16th!
THIS WEEK AT OHMS!
WHATS GOING ON AT OAK HARBOR HIGH SCHOOL?
A Night of the Arts!
This week at OHHS!
ROCKET SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS!
- School record for Peyton Bloomer. 5’5” in the high jump. Congratulation Blue!!
- Champion in the Pole Vault at Ottawa Glandorff Gold in the pole vault. 14’ WOW!!!
- Marcus Hartlage is the man!!! Mile champion run impressively!!! What a performance!!!
- Final score from Oak Harbor the JV Baseball team defeats Port Clinton 7-2. Nice job guys
- The Rocket Varsity and JV both get wins over PC! Varsity was 11-0 and JV 26-2! Varsity moves to 11-2 (5-0 SBC) & JV 7-1 (5-0 SBC)! Go Rockets!
- Boys Tennis defeats Fostoria 4-1. Way to play Rockets!
- The JV continued their winning ways over Vermilion 22-3 at Home! They move to 6-1 (4-0 SBC) on the season! Go Rockets!
- 1,033 boxes of cookie dough being delivered today. Thank you for supporting the track athletes. Your generosity helped them purchase $5,500 worth of uniforms and warm-ups. Go Rockets!
- The Varsity got a nice 12-0 win in 5-innings at Lake! Record is now 10-2! Congrats to Freshman Taylor Lemaster in notching her First Career WIN in the circle! Go Rockets!
- Boys Tennis defeats Sandusky 3-2. Good job Rockets!
- V Softball Final: Margaretta 1 Oak Harbor 4 Great job Lady Rockets! Huge SBC win.
- Final score from Varsity Softball. Oak Harbor Rocket 4 and Margaretta Polar Bears 1. Awesome game Ladies!!
- JV team wins 18-7 over Maumee! They move to 4-1 on the season! Great job ladies! Go Rockets!
- V Baseball wins at Start, 7-6. Good win Rockets!
- That is a wrap. The Rocket Varsity Softball Team defeats Willard 11-1 in 5 innings.
- Rocket Boys Tennis defeats St Joe tonight, 4-1. Good job guys!
- Final score from Baseball. Oak Harbor Rockets 4 and Margaretta Polar Bears 0. Great job Rockets!
- Dual meet win over the Sandusky Blue Streaks 96-38. Great job Lady Rockets Track!
- The Rocket Varsity Baseball team defeats Willard 11-1 in 5 innings!
School record for Peyton Bloomer. 5’5” in the high jump!
BENTON-CARROLL-SALEM LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
WEEKLY SPORTS AND SCHOOL CALENDAR
WEEK OF 04/16/2018
Monday, April 16
4:00 PM HS ~ Boys Tennis - Willard
4:15 PM A MS ~ Track - Edison/SCCS/Huron - @ Huron
Tuesday, April 17
4:00 PM A HS ~ Boys Tennis - SMCC
4:30 PM AHS ~ Track - Edison
5:00 PM H HS ~ JV Softball - Whitmer
6:00 PM MS ~ 6th & 7th grade Band/Choir concert @ OHHS
Wednesday, April 18
4:15 PM A MS ~ Track - Clyde/Hopewell/SCCS - @ Clyde
4:45 PM A HS ~ JV Baseball - Huron
4:45 PM H HS ~ Varsity Baseball - Huron
4:45 PM A HS ~ JV Softball - Huron
4:45 PM H HS ~ Varsity Softball - Huron
6:00 PM RC ~ Art Show
Thursday, April 19
4:00 PM H HS ~ Boys Tennis - Huron
4:45 PM A HS ~ JV Baseball - Bellevue
4:45 PM A HS ~ Varsity Baseball - Bellevue
5:00 PM A HS ~ JV Softball - Maumee
5:30 PM HS ~ FFA Banquet ~ HS cafeteria & Auditorium
Friday, April 20
4:00 PM H HS ~ Boys Tennis - Bellevue
4:15 PM A MS ~ Track - Margaretta Relays
4:45 PM H HS ~ JV Baseball - Edison
4:45 PM A HS ~ Varsity Baseball - Edison
4:45 PM H HS ~ JV Softball - Edison
4:45 PM A HS ~ Varsity Softball - Edison
Saturday, April 21
HS ~ DECA Nationals - @ Atlanta, Georgia
HS ~ Varsity Softball - Croll Family Invite - 2:00 or 4:00
9:00 AM A HS ~ Boys Tennis - Fremont Little Giants Doubles
9:30 AM A HS ~ Track - Upper Sandusky Invite
10:0 AM H HS ~ Varsity Softball - Croll Family Invite - Tiffin Columbian
Sunday, April 22
HS ~ DECA Nationals - @ Atlanta, Georgia
Vocal Enrichment Recital @ HS Auditorium Lobby
The school district was founded on July 1, 1967 due to the consolidation of the Benton Township School District, the Carroll Township School District, and the Salem-Oak Harbor School District.Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District, home of the Oak Harbor Rockets, serves 1700 students on three campuses: R.C. Waters Elementary School (Grades K--3), Oak Harbor Middle School (Grades 4--7), and Oak Harbor High School (Grades 8--12). The district is committed to serving the needs of all students to prepare them for the challenges of citizenship, the workforce, and life long learning.