Cedar Park Youth Football and Cheer
2015 Season - Week 5
What to Expect This Week
Finalize binders if necessary
Lots of dates to add to your calendar and relay to families
Also, a big thank you for getting those report cards and scholastic forms to Bory. That was new this year and you really helped all those kids earn consideration for scholarships!
Pack Parent To Do List This Week:
- Read this newsletter
- Refer to the following tabs on our CPYFA Pack Parent Playbook Site: http://goo.gl/btBWdW
- Team Binder - If your binder had some issues to be resolved after certification, please try to have those done by Friday, if possible (Sept. 4). Once the league gets instructions on how to submit those to Central TX, we'll let you know.
- Cheer Fundraisers:
- PDQ Lakeline: All day on Sept. 13, CPYFA will receive 20% of sales when you mention "CPYFA" when ordering. Proceeds will go to the Competition Cheer Squad to pay for National Competition. Please help spread the word!
- Kendra Scott (at The Domain) Fundraiser: Kendra Scott is hosting a fundraiser for the Competition Cheer Squad on Oct. 22. They are donating 20% of all sales during their Happy Hour and Snack Party from 7-9pm. They are also giving customers a $25 gift card to Maggiano's at the Domain with each purchase for those 2 hours!
- Sidelines is hosting a Poker Tournament benefitting the Competition Cheer Squad on Dec. 5. Mark your calendars now!
- Thanks to everyone who came to the Chili's Pancake Breakfast! The Competition Cheer Squad raised over $2,000 to add to their National Competition fund.
- Homecoming : Date is set for Oct. 17.
- Raffle Tickets - Please email Kimberly Jahns (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need more raffle tickets. All money and unsold tickets will be due Oct. 9. Details to come later about how and where you'll turn them in.
- Homecoming Baskets - If you haven't had time to think about a theme for your HC Basket, now is the time to decide. Let me know what your theme is and I'll add it to the ongoing list of what other teams/squads are doing. Keep in mind that you'll need to present a list of your basket contents and a total value of your basket when you turn it in.
- Brother & Sister Teams/Squads - If you have a brother/sister team or squad, please introduce yourself to the other pack parent. Remember to include each other in celebrations, and if participating, coordinate "goodie" exchanges (ex. homecoming, first and last game, etc.) Decide if/how you will make mums to give to the other, etc. Work together and make it fun!
- Preparing for 1st Game :
- 2015 Game Schedule - It's being finalized and possibly released this week. We'll pass it along as soon as we have it so you can plan your volunteers.
- Concession Duty - A duty schedule will be shared with you probably this week. Please remind parents that all families will be asked to volunteer to work at the concession stand, on designated home games. We'll ask for 3 volunteers for each shift during your assigned duty.
- MPR/Chain Gang - Football Pack Parents, once we release the home game schedule, you'll be able to assign volunteers for chains, but you can go ahead and start getting 2 MPR volunteers now for each game. Those are required for home and away games.
- Game Badges - Prior to the first game, each team/squad will receive ID badges that allow you on the field. Those are issued to all head and asst. coaches, student trainers/jr. demonstrators, pack parents, as well as 1 photographer, 3 MPR/chain gang if football, 2 water boys/girls if football. Please check this week to make sure all coaches and student coaches on your roster have a picture so we can use those on the badges.
Things You Should Know:
- Picture Day is Sept. 26. More information to come.
- Football Pack Parents: Be aware that we're asking families to give to you any jerseys that will need to be reprinted. Some of the lettering is peeling off, and the printer is going to redo those shirts. This is ONLY for lettering issues, NOT size issues. Tight fitting jerseys and undershirts will not be exchanged.
- Please remind your families that each player/cheerleader who wants to get into CPHS Varsity Home Games free and run across the field at the start of the game will need to wear this year's jersey. If cheerleader uniforms haven't been received by then, just wear last year's uniform until they come in, if they have one.
Deadlines for this week:
- Please try to get any remaining binder issues wrapped up by Friday.
Thank you for all you do! Have a great week!