We are Warriors 22-23
SGP Counseling Services: Q1
SGPHS Counseling Services Mission and Vision Statement
We deliver an all-inclusive counseling program that offers every student the opportunity to attain optimal results in academia, supports their social and emotional development, and shepherds them on a path towards college and career exploration.
To equip students with the tools necessary to navigate an ever-changing global society by fostering their desire to pursue lifelong academic, cultural, social-emotional, and technological awareness that extends far beyond the high school experience.
Welcome Back Warriors!
Let's Go Warriors....
The 2022-2023 school year is off to an exciting start! The counseling department would like to wish all Warriors a successful school year. We take pride in serving you and look forward to a positive and productive school year. Our goal is to do all we can to ensure that your experience at SGPHS is one that you will cherish and reflect on positively for the rest of your life. Go Warriors!
PSAT and ACT Information
PSAT October 25
We will administer the PSAT on campus on October 25 for all 10th grade students.
If a 9th grader would like to take the PSAT 8/9 or an 11th grader would like to take the PSAT/NMSQT, there is a $19 fee and must register no later than September 12 at 3 p.m. Please contact Mrs. McMinn at Erika.McMinn@gpisd.org to register.
ACT November 8
All 11th graders will take the ACT on campus November 8.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- College Shirt Every Monday
- Meet the Teacher Night - Monday, September 12th (6:00-7:30pm)
- GPISD Senior Night at the Ranger game - Wednesday, September 14th (see flyer below)
- GPISD College Night hosted @GPHS - Thursday, September 22nd (6:00-8:00pm)
- 9th - 11th grade yearbook photos - September 26 and 27 through ELA classes
- Senior Yearbook Photos - Wed, Sept 28 - Fri, Sept 30th (Seniors MUST sign up in canvas)
- SGP Homecoming Football Game - Friday, September 30th
- Fall Break - No School - Monday, October 10th
- PSAT School Day Test for 10th grade Students - Tuesday, October 25th
- ACT School Day Test for 11th grade students - Tuesday, November 8th
- Senior Chats with Counselors- October 2nd - October 22nd
Need To Contact Your School Social Workers? Scan Here!
GPISD Social Work Hub
Do you have a student that wants to join a club? Check out our SGPHS Club List
Interact & Kindness Crew
Making connections in school can make this year the best one ever. Here are some tips that students can do to make this year the best ever: make new friends, get to know your teachers, and join the Kindness Crew. #BeKind: Make Connections! #WeAreGPISD
Upcoming Interact & Kindness Crew: General Body Meeting Dates:
*Students meet after school in room E203.*
Text @interactki to the number 81010