September 11, 2017
Full Speed Ahead Captain!
It has been a mind blowing three weeks of school so far!! Between Hurricanes Harvey and Irma wreaking havoc along the southern states, a tragic shooting just a mile or two away from our campus, and other national and world events, it's hard to believe that we have only completed three weeks of school. At the same time, I am so grateful to work with a staff that has handled the start of the year with such grace, commitment, and passion! Bethany students are blessed to have such incredible teachers!
Thanks to those who have already met with me or are signed up to meet with Wendy regarding your T-TESS goals. Overall, this process is working much more fluidly this year then last as the folks I have met with are coming more prepared then last year and with well thought out goals and action plans!! Thanks for all the preparation and thought process that has gone into writing goals that will challenge you to become even stronger educators! For those we have not yet met with, we are excited to complete that process this week.
This week is packed with all kinds of fun extra-curricular "stuff". Please note that this morning I found out we will be having our first All-Pro Dad's meeting at 7:00 tomorrow morning. This event has had a great turnout in the past, so please share this information with your kiddos. On Wednesday, we have our staff meeting beginning at 3:05. Thursday is individual picture day. Friday, I will be out in the morning for CPI training and we will have our first LPAC meeting of the year. Friday not will be topped off with a Family Game Night sponsored by PTA. We are truly up and running full speed ahead!
Finally, I encourage you to celebrate! Celebrate the great kids and families we get to work with each day. Celebrate that you are a difference maker. Celebrate that you work with some of the best people in the business. Celebrate that we have running water and indoor toilets. Don't forget to take time to remember how many blessings we have in our lives. By looking at the positive, the challenges will be much more bearable and we will be much happier individually and as a collective whole.
Hope you all have an incredible week!
- September 12th -- All Pro Dads -- 7:00 a.m.
- September 13th -- Staff Meeting
- September 14th -- School Pictures -- On Stage
- September 15th -- PTA Game Night (6:00 - 8:00 p.m.)
- September 18th -- T-TESS goals deadline
- September 20th -- Team Leader Meeting
- September 21st -- CMIT Meetings
- September 27th -- IWK Meetings
- September 27th -- Dining for Dollars -- Mooyah
- September 28th -- Progress Reports Go Home
- September 30th -- Tier 2 Documentation Submitted on Edugence
- October 2nd -- Monday Assembly
- October 2nd -- Third Grade to Outdoor Learning Center
- October 4th -- Team Leader Meeting
- October 10th -- Parent / Teacher Conferences
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."