Your School Librarian and You!
Can you identify with any of these questions?
Are resources to support this standard scarce or inadequate?
Would you benefit from the help of another professional teacher?
Do your students lack motivation?
Would technology help?
Then your librarian has an answer for you!!
What can I do for you?
*I am an information specialist who can help you by providing access to quality resources from printed book, to databases, to personal conversations with experts
*I am a National Board certified teacher who has a repertoire of successful strategies
*I can provide a different environment, a wealth of information in a variety of formats, and a variety of tools to stimulate students
*I am an experienced user of technology and can provide assistance in using technology and help with the integration of technology in your classroom
Social Studies teachers, do you need help making history come alive?
Here are just a few things we can collaborate on:
- Discuss maps, globes, atlases, and practice map skills
- Read and discuss biographies of famous historical figures
- Teach ethical research skills
- Locate and evaluate print and non print resources
- Read and analyze primary source documents
- Create a project based learning assignment