January 6th, 2017
Students will receive their recorders in February when we start the unit and they may keep their recorders at the end of the school year. For more information, recorder form, and to purchase a recorder, click here! or the link below!
What's Up In The Classroom
We've started our algebra unit. Students are learning to write equations with variables to help solve word problems. They are also learning to balance equations and the difference between equal and unequal equations.
Students are learning to refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says and when drawing inferences. Students are learning how to be text talkers when they are giving examples.
Students focus on form and content in writing their opinion essays. They wrote boxes around their thesis and bullets for their reasons. They are working on providing evidence for each reasons.
MEMORY BOOK COVER CONTEST
What you need to do is:
- Get a white 8 ½ x 11 vertical piece of paper
- Use crayons, markers, colored pencils or a combination of the three
- Include “Forest Glen” and 2015-2016 somewhere on your drawing
- Write your name and grade in pencil on the BACK of the drawing
- Turn in your entries into your teacher or the office by Thursday FEBUARY 11
Have fun and be creative!
Also, If you have or will be taking pictures of events happening at Forest Glen, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and include grade, teacher and description of event along with your pictures! Pictures will be considered for printing in our annual school memory book.
Any questions? Please contact Tammy Colassacco,email@example.com
Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences Nearing
- Thursday, February 11
- Tuesday, February 16
Conferences are scheduled using the online system TEESO. The registration window is open Monday, February 1 through midnight Tuesday, February 9. Parents schedule a 15 minute time slot with their classroom and special education, ELL and/or speech teacher(s) if applicable. Other staff members are also available for a separate 15 minute time slot if desired. Click here for instructions on how to schedule! If you do not have internet access to schedule, please contact the school office at 662-7958. All parents are strongly encouraged to attend a conference with their child's teacher.
Also, Forest Glen will be hosting its annual Spring Book Fairin Pod C during parent teacher conferences. The book fair will be open at 3:00pm-8:00pm.
Please plan on attending our fair to help us put more books in the hands of our students at school and Forest Glen families at home, by connecting kids with books they want to read! All profit dollars earned from the book fair benefit Forest Glen by providing our students and teachers with opportunities to use those dollars to purchase books and build classroom libraries.
More information to come on our school homepage, as well as many volunteer opportunties! Please consider volunteering at our book fair!
Jump Rope for Heart
Attention 4th Graders! Lineville Intermediate School Music Choices
Parents who desire more information at this time are invited to visit the music class websites, which are linked to the Lineville home page: http://linevillehssd.weebly.com
- January 9, 2016 - 9am - 4 pm- The Einstein Project Science Expo
- January 23, 2016 - Register begins at 8 am for the Howard-Suamico Community Pool American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Program this winter and spring. All swim lessons are taught by qualified staff certified in the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, Water Safety Instruction, CPR for the Professional Rescuers and First Aid. Lessons are offered for Levels Pre-1 to 6. Adult Lessons will be offered upon request. PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS- Offered year round. The pool is located in the Lineville Intermediate School. To register visit http://hssdcommunitypool.weebly.com/ Space is limited! Any questions or level inquiries can be directed to Tracy. firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-662-7874.
- January 23, 2016; 10 am - 11:15 am - Zumba for Autism Dancing to the Beat of a Different Drummer.
- January 29, 2016 - Bay Port STINGCANCER is again hosting its annual Coaches verses Cancer Carnival event!
- January 30, 2016 Bay Port Drama Club Workshop (9am-2pm) for children 6 to 13 years old.
- January 30, 2016 - SUPERGOAL II -Indoor 3v3Futbol Tournament at Synergy Field, 807 Parkview Rd. Ashwaubenon
- February 11, 2016 - An exclusive, one night only showing of an anti-bullying movie The Martial Arts Kidat the Marcus Green Bay East Cinema (6:30-8:15 pm) a movie that has a strong anti-bullying message.
- February 12, 2016 - Register today for the Bay Port Cheer Clinic on February 12, 2016 (5:45-8:15 pm) at Bay Port High School. All students in grades K-4 are invited to attend.