Mrs. Hansman's 3rd Grade/January 19, 2016
Thank you for updating your child's "Early Dismissal" plan. It is very important for you to review your dismissal instructions with your child on days with inclement weather so that he/she knows exactly what to do. THANK YOU! (If a schedule change is deemed necessary, announcements will be made by local radio and TV stations. The Alert Now system will call and inform you of any weather closings. You can also sign up on the WLOS website for weather/school closing alerts.)
The students have become very "chatty" lately and we need your help! Please reinforce at home the importance of developing self-control and learning the appropriate times to talk. The Specialists (Art, P.E., & Music) have all expressed a concern. We are "tightening" up the reins and will send home behavior infractions. We just want to keep you informed!
Last Quarterly PBIS Celebration
Bits and Pieces
- Welcome to Mahayla Jones who joined our class after the holiday break. We are enjoying getting to know her!
- Please help us keep our records accurate and up to date by notifying us of any changes in phone numbers, addresses, email, elmergency contact information, etc.
- Please continue to work on multiplication. We are now starting to learn about the relationship between multiplication and division, so "Dollar Tree" flashcards can do double duty! I am finding that many students do not even know basic multiplication facts.
- We are working on Opinion Writing this nine weeks. Students need to be able to express an opinion and give reasons and examples to support their opinion.
- We are in the middle of our mid-year reading assessments which are required by the state. Once completed, students will be taking home a home connect letter giving you valuable information about your child's current reading level. Stay tuned for mid-year conference sign ups following completion of assessments!
February 12 - TEACHER WORKDAY (No School)
February 19 - Family Movie Night
February 22 - Early Release
March 25 - TEACHER WORKDAY (No School)
March 28-April 1 - Spring Break (No School)
October 24 - Megan
November 7 - Gavin
November 9 - Xavier
November 10 - Ean
December 15 - Mason
December 28 - Jeremiah
December 31 - Jayeden S.
January 23 - Violet
February 3 - Brianna
February 6 - Julian