Bill to Law
Join our club on Tuesdays at 6
Law Making 101
- A bill starts out as an idea by by anyone it can be a Private Citizen just like you and me or the President.
- The idea is introduced to congress by a senator or representative.
- Then it goes to the appropiate comittee and they can make changes to it.
- If its approved by the committee then it can go to the house or senate then they can argue the pros and cons.
- If its in the senate it goes to the House if its in the House it goes to the Senate for approval.
- Then it goes to a confrence comittee then they make a confrence comittee and then it goes back to the Senate and the House then they vote on it.
- The President signs the bill for it to become a law or vetos it.
By: Chloe Derby and Brent Freitag