2015 Four-a-Side Chess Tournament
Hosted by Crawford College Lonehill And Chess Excellence
Monday, Jan. 26th 2015 at 3pm to Monday, March 16th 2015 at 5pm
We had a very successful inaugural year this year, and we are looking forward to building on this success in 2014. I am hopeful that we can offer you a well-run tournament, and use this as a platform to grow and improve chess in our area.
The tournament is being run under the auspices of Johannesburg Metro Chess, and our tournament director, Nicholas van der Nat of Chess Excellence, It will be adjudicated by myself and Nicholas (both certified arbiters).
All results will be accredited by CHESSA, and players will receive an official ranking. We will also be awarding a range of medals at the end of the tournament.
It's going to be good!
DATES FOR 2014:
Monday 27 January
Monday 3 February
Monday 10 February
Monday 17 February
No games on the Monday the 24th of February (Due to IEB mid-term).
Monday 3 March
Monday 10 March
1) Notation sheets will be provided for players. It is a requirement for CHESSA ratings that all players notate. We will be on-hand to assist. In the meantime, please try to issue the attached guide to your players.
2) We would like to begin at 3pm sharp! Please make every effort to be on time.
3) For the first week, we can only release match-ups on the day. In future weeks I will mail you match-ups ahead of time. We will be using the Swiss system as far as possible.
4) Remember that we are looking for teams of four. If you don’t have enough to make more than one team, please bring along your extra players, as we will be creating shadow teams on the day.
5) Please bring clocks if you have them. No team may borrow another team’s clocks. Boards and pieces will be provided.
6) IMPORTANT: Please park buses and combis at the side entrance in Concourse Crescent. A map is attached. We have a slight problem with traffic immediately after school and would hate for you to get caught up in it! If it is all free and clear, please park inside the school.
7) You are welcome to bring along marking and to sit in the staffroom. We will ensure that everything runs smoothly, and we have some very nice snacks, coffee and DSTV!