Rockets with Red Glare
The War of 1812
Why was the War of 1812 started?
The War of 1812 broke out when Great Britian were still treating us like babies. This war is also known as the second war of Independence even when we were already granted Independence from Great Britian.
- Burning of the White House, and Capital builing in Washington, DC.
- Dolly Madison saved the portrait of George Washington.
- Canadian battle ground; a large number of battles took place between both forces and British forces were weakened.
- The fence of New Orleans; defended by Andrew Jackson which restored honor to United States.
- The Star Spangled Banner was written by Francis Scott Key at Ft. McHenry in Baltimore, Maryland.
Treaty of Ghent
December 24th, 1814
- United States
- Great Lakes
- New York
- New Orleans