CISD Tech News
Trends in Technology - December 2019
Teacher Laptop Upgrade and Sale
Teacher Laptop Questions and Answers
We will be replacing all teacher laptops that have not been replaced as of yet by December 20th. It is imperative that the teachers understand that they are responsible for backing up their data, as it will be lost if they have not done so.
There are two district supported cloud storage options that are available to teachers using their DISTRICT ISSUED email address and password:
Google Drive & Microsoft Onedrive. Both are accessible through the District Single Sign On > https://encore.crowley.k12.tx.us/_auth/login.aspx?ru=====
If you need assistance please put in a work order through Eduphoria!
Help Desk> Technology >> Computer (Desktop or Laptop) >>> NEW Laptop (Teacher)
The process for purchasing laptops can not begin until all inventory of the older laptops have been replaced. So, please make sure to get your work saved online and a work order for replacement put into Eduphoria!
If you are experiencing issues with your new laptop, please put in a work order through Eduphoria! or contact the help desk for assistance. 817-297-5873
If you are interested in purchasing a laptop please complete the following survey:
Technology Plan 2020-2023
Technology Plan Review and Reflection
Now that all instructional technology has been deployed to the campuses, we want to take a moment and reflect on how it is being implemented and utilized. Please take a moment to complete this short survey to assess the technology integration into your classroom.
Cyber Security News
What to ask before buying Internet Connected Toys
Understand the smart toy’s features:
- Does the toy come with a camera or microphone? What will it be recording, and will you know when the camera or microphone is on?
- Does the toy let your child send emails or connect to social media accounts?
- Can parents control the toy and be involved in its setup and management? What controls and options does it have? What are the default settings?
Understand what information the smart toy collects, and how it will be used:
- When your child plays with the toy, what kind of information does it collect?
- Where is this data (including pictures and recordings) stored, how is it shared, and who has access to it? Does the toy company give parents a way to see and delete the data? Is the information secure?
- If the toy collects personal information from your child who’s under 13 years old, the toy company has to tell you about its privacy practices, ask for your consent, protect and secure collected data, and give you the right to have your child’s personal information deleted.
SOCIAL MEDIA FACTS
As we head to the holiday season, and family and friends will be posing for pics and updating statuses and tagging you and your family all over social media. While this can create a sort of digital diary or photo album, please be thoughtful about sharing.
- Did you know that 3.48 BILLION people use social media worldwide... That's roughly 45% of the worlds population.
- On average, U.S. Adults have at 7 different social media accounts... Facebook, SnapChat, Instagram, etc.
- Thieves look at Facebook to see when you are going out of town... Best Practice: Post pictures upon your return, not during the vacation.
'Tis the season to "Pass it On" at the Holidays
Click below to view some of the most needed conversations that you can discuss with family to perhaps keep their holiday merry and bright!