- He was born in in Florence, Italy 1386.
- He spent most of his life in Florence.
- His education was he was a apprentice to Ghiberti. Most of his life he worked at the cathedral were he made exquisite sculptures.
- He mainly made sculptures and some of his famous works are Statue of David, Marble figure of St. Mark, and Life size marble Prophets.
- Donatello's most famous patron was the Cosimo de Medici.
- The "Ism's"
- Secularism- His art work is very balanced of his religious panting and his non religious paintings.
- Humanism- In his sculpture they are all human even his religious ones, like the statue of David
Was made in 1430. Life size statue of all bronze.
It was made in 1413. The purpose of this statue was to decorate a coin exchange and meeting place.
Was made1417. St. George's story goes that He had slain a dragon right out side of the town.
- It was created in 1430.
- You can find this piece today at the Bargello Palace museum.
- This piece is very unique because it was the first fully nude statue in the middle ages since the Roman time period. And it is life-size (158cm) and made out of bronze. Was also the first free standing statue in Italy.
- Humanism because it shows David beating Goliath and David is a human that represents humans can do amazing thins.