By George Huang, 1st period
If you want to visit a beach, watch live bullfights, travel to another country, try new foods, learn new information, Spain is the perfect choice for you. Paella and saffron are some of the most famous and delicious dishes in Spain. Soccer is the most popular sport in Spain and the Prado in Madrid is one of the most famous museums. The fiesta of San Fermín is one of most well known holidays. During that time many bulls are set free for bullfights. If you want to travel to Spain, you are probably going to have to change your money into Euros. The exchange rate is 0.7194 euros per U.S. dollar. To make things easier, you should also learn Spanish, which is the official language of Spain. To get a head start, some basic words are given here: hello is hola, bye is adiós, and thank you is gracias. The government of Spain is a parliamentary monarchy. That means that the monarch or king is just called a king but he does not have much power in the government. The parliament has most of the power. But the government really does not matter to your trip. Come to Spain!
This is saffron, one of the most delicious dishes in Spain.
Prado in Madrid
This is one of the most famous museums in Spain.
The Religions in Spain
These are the religions in Spain. In case you can't see, it is 94% Roman Catholic and 6% other.
- "MorgueFile Free Photo." 00264.jpg. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.
- "Royalty Free Stock Images: Prado Museum, Madrid, Spain." Dreamstime. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.
- "Create A Graph." Create A Graph. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013 <http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createagraph/default.aspx ID=01ed33db2d234a39ab7e858e95625aaa>.
- "Stock Photography: Euros." Dreamstime. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.
- "Royalty Free Stock Photos: Bulls at Street Estafeta during San Fermin Festiva." Dreamstime. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.
- "Royalty Free Stock Photography: Map of Spain." Dreamstime. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013.