Spring Mills Shark Nation Notes
October 27, 2023
Important Upcoming Dates
October 27th - PTA Trunk or Treat!
October 31st - Halloween Parade
November 1st - Vision Screening Week
November 3rd: 1/2 day for students - Teacher records day
November 7th: No school for students - Professional Learning Day for Staff
November 9th & 14th: Parent Teacher Conferences
November 9th - Veterans Day Celebration
What a nice blast of warm weather this week. Wouldn't it be great if it held out a few more days? Doesn't look like it will, though, unfortunately.
Next week we close out October with our annual Fall/Halloween Parade. We are doing things a bit differently this year, so please be sure that you've read the letter that was sent out last Monday. It is also attached below.
The parade will be at 9:45 am.
Next week we also have our vision screening for grades 1, 3, and 5. We have an all day School Improvement meeting with our building leaders and parent representatives on Thursday, and a 1/2 day for students on Friday so that teachers can complete their records and report cards.
Next weekend is also daylight savings time. While I don't like it when it gets dark so early, I don't mind gaining that extra hour over the weekend.
We had a Watch D.O.G.S kick of meeting today! It was great to talk with so many dads/grandpas/uncles that want to be involved in our school. We look forward to getting this program up and running! If you are interested in learning more please contact our office.
Finally, we are excited to be hosting a Veteran's Celebration this year. Spring Mills Voices, our extra-curricular choir led by Mrs. LaPratt, will be performing for Veterans in our community to honor them for their service. Please see details below.
That's it for this week! Enjoy your weekend!
Sarah Bentley, SM Principal
Spring Mills Pledge
Sick or Injured Children at School
Circle Drive Reminders - Please share with other family members who may pick up your student.
Thank you to everyone following the guidelines making the circle drive a smoother experience for your community! Please see reminder below and share these rules with other family members who may pick up your student at times.
Arrival/Dismissal - updated information
- Our building doors open at 9:10 am. Please do not drop off early, as there isn't adult supervision outside of the building. You may only use the front loop for drop off
- Upper El Centrum doors close at 9:15am If your child arrives later than this, please use the front doors of the building.
- Safety first! Drivers will need to remain in their lane until all students have been unloaded; you are not allowed to pass other cars if your children unloaded first.
- Also for safety reasons, drivers and other adults must remain in the car during pick up and drop-off. If your child requires help getting in or out of their vehicle please park in the parking lot and walk to the doors to get your child/pick your child up.
- Always have your green name sign clipped to your passenger visor during afternoon pick up - this keeps things moving quickly for the entire Spring Mills community. Please let your child's teacher or the office know if you did not receive a sign and we will send them home with your child.
- When possible, please move your child's seat to the passenger side of the vehicle. Children should not be exiting out into traffic, but rather on the curb side.
- The school day ends at 4:08 pm. Please do not arrive before 4pm. DO NOT EXIT your vehicle from the circle to meet students.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
November Lunch Menu
Veteran's Day Celebration
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!
Spring Mills Elementary
Together We Can, Together We Will!
Location: 3150 Harvey Lake Road, Highland Charter Township, MI, USA