Due Jan. 31, 2014
We need your creative skills.
Your school is building a recreation center for the students. Your task is to assist in planning the floor plans.
Use large white paper to show the floorplans of the room.
The perimeter must be equal to 144 linear square feet.
The scale of one-inch equals one foot will be used throughout this project.
The room cannot be a square or a rectangle.
Windows and doorways are included in the perimeter.
To obtain 100 points your group must include all of the accessories listed on the next page. Everything must be neat and organized.
All decisions must be made by the entire group.
| || || |
- Use the tiles to create the perimeter of the room by building a model.
- Sketch your floor plan on graph paper labeling all dimensions.
- When perimeter is correct draw on final paper.
- Outline the perimeter in pencil first. Then, outline it in marker.
- Label all dimensions.
Name of Building: __________________________
- Pool Table - Dimensions 3 ft by 7 ft
- 1 Couch - Dimensions 1 ft by 4 ft
- Snack Table - Area of 6 square feet
- Ping Pong Table - Perimeter of 12 linear feet
- Big Screen TV - Dimensions 3 ft by 2 ft
- 10 3D chairs - Seat has area of 1 square ft
- 3D Refrigerator - Volume of 5 ft by 2 ft by 2 ft
- Card Table - Must have at least 6 sides
- Game Table - Area of 10 square feet
- Triangular Fountain in middle of main room - area of 9 square feet
***Use a ruler to be sure the recreation center and each accessory is cut to scale. Additional items may be added after the required items are complete.***
Landscape the property:
- 2 flowerbeds with dimensions of 1 ft by 5 ft
- 3 differently shaped flowerbed with perimeter of 12 feet each.