EI Teachers' Professional Learning
Check out our in-person and on-line options.
Trauma Informed Teaching and Intervention
Join us for any or all of our events. Put in your paperwork for the year now!
- October 16, 2018 (8:30am-3:00pm): Learn about the basics of trauma informed care and ways to intervene.
- February 13, 2019 (4:30-7:30pm)*: Build on your previous knowledge and share team successes. Paraeducators are encouraged to attend as well!
- March 27, 2019 (8:30am-3:00pm): Go deeper into trauma informed practice learning more strategies to respond to your students.
- April 30, 2019 (4:30-7:30pm)*: Bring your administrators as we reflect and refine trauma informed teaching and intervention.
EI Teacher Series
For this first EI Teacher Event, we will be presenting the TLC Resetting for Resilience
This course features a strong focus on understanding the link between private logic and deficits in the Circle of Courage®’s universal needs with student academic achievement and behavior. Participants will learn how to integrate positive behavior intervention supports, rewards, and consequences into their classroom management systems. Participants will learn how to assess students and create behavior support plans for students. Trauma informed, resilience focused student and classroom scenarios will be presented and discussed in small groups. Tier 2 and Tier 3 interventions are discussed. Strategies to collaborate with families and communities and to support staff will be presented. Examples of how to collect and utilize outcome data will be shared.
The format for this day will be a little different from the past. Ancillary staff are welcome to come. We will ask you to think of a challenging focus student that can be used for creating the trauma informed support plan.
Prior knowledge from Trauma Informed Resilient Schools will be helpful.
These events are designed for those teachers who work the Emotionally Impaired.
SCECHs will be available.
*Evening events are designed for building the knowledge of your team. Stipends will be available for special education teachers and paraeducators.
Ancillary staff (school social workers, psychologists, etc) are encouraged to attend a wide variety of other Trauma Informed Professional Learning Events. Check out our entire Trauma Series.
Are you on our EI Teacher Listserve?
- Ask colleagues questions.
- Be notified of events.
- Hear about resources.
Click here to join the group!