A Bi-Weekly Newsletter from the Hollymead PTO
November 21, 2021
Dear Hollymead Hornets,
The last time we wrote we were prepping for Halloween, and now, in what seems like a blink of an eye, we're getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for this year already, and in the spirit of the holiday, we'd like to take the time to give a few shout-outs this month. So, without further ado, thank you to:
- Our Hospitality Chairs, Alison Agarwall and Shannon Hall, who have been keeping our teachers and staff stocked with snacks.
- Our Attractions Book volunteer, Kate DeLuca, for running our successful recent fundraiser, netting nearly $2,000.
- Our Dining Night Out volunteers, Kristen Jones and Nicole Felini, who schedule the delicious meal nights that bring extra business to our locally owned restaurants while raising funds for Hollymead.
- Our SpiritWear volunteers, Tiffany Lynch and Jonelle Kinback for getting a storefront set up in time for orders to ship before the holidays.
- Our copies volunteer, Briana Reid, who copies the flyers that are sent home with students to remind families and caregivers about important upcoming events
- All of our Hollymead teachers and staff who do an amazing job of keeping our kids safe and healthy during this school year
- Our community for always being so generous in support of our Hollymead Hornets!
As we head into the last month of the year, please keep the Hollymead PTO in mind for charitable donations. The PTO supports several initiatives designed to ensure that all of our Hollymead kids have the very best educational experience. Most recently we were asked to fund two teacher grants (one for a book series for 3rd Grade and 5th Grade "Genius Hour" supplies) thanks to our community's generosity. In the second half of the year, we hope to sponsor a few larger projects to help improve our school, as well as (hopefully!) a spring Fun Fair. Remember that you can donate to Hollymead's PTO either with a check or through the PayPal link on our website.
Thank you all again for being such an awesome community. We wish all of our staff and families a happy Thanksgiving!
Meagan Gregory and Crystal Pariseau
Volunteers Still Needed!
We still need a few volunteers on the PTO!
Board Positions Available:
- Co-Vice Presidents
- Communications Co-Coordinator
Non-Board Volunteer Opportunities:
- Talent Shoe Coordinator
- Marquee Sign
- Book Fair
Most positions have co-chairs. The PTO meets monthly and Non-Board Volunteers are not required to attend the monthly meetings and are only active during limited times of the year. Learn more about the positions of the board and contact HollymeadPTOVolunteer@gmail.com with questions.
Kids Night Out
Black Friday is just around the corner! You can make an impact while you shop for Black Friday deals.
Simply shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/46-3054786 and Amazon Smile will donate to Hollymead Elementary Parent Teacher Organization, at no cost to you. (NEW--update your settings on your phone so you shop from AmazonSmile automatically).
Every little bit helps support the PTO! So far, Amazon Smile has raised $1,467.30 for the PTO. Thanks for your support!
Dining Night Out
Golden Apple Award Nominations
At their meeting on November 11, 2021, the Albemarle County School Board approved revisions to the current 2021-22 school calendar in response to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on employee workload. The revised calendar includes additional teacher workdays and provides 177 school days. Also, two days previously designated as half-days for students have been converted to full days of instruction. The notice to families and the new calendar can be found on the ACPS website.
WED, THURS, FRI 11/24-11/26 Thanksgiving Break
WED 12/1 Dance Club for 4/5, PTO Meeting
THURS 12/2 Dance Club for 2/3
WED 12/8 Half Day and Dining Night Out at Martin's (No Dance Club for 4/5)
THURS 12/9 Dance Club for 2/3
FRI 12/10 Camp4Real Kids Night Out, Dance Club for 3/4
PTO Meeting Information
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 390 430 0889
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,3904300889#,,,,*446969# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 390 430 0889