5E LESSON PLAN
WHAT THE TEACHER DOES
- States the question for investigation
- Creates interest
- Activates students prior knowledge
EXAMPLES OF ENGAGEMENT
- Current event
- Discrepant events
- Personal experiences
Doing a KWL chart with the students that way we know what they already know and what they want to learn. Also at the beginning of class they can have different items on their desk and they will have to sort them into two groups float or sink. Then as a class talk about them and ask them why they think they go in that group.
- Students are actively engaged this is done when we have students participate in asking and answering questions.
- Students individually perform the experiment and then come back as a class and talk about the results.
- We build on what students already know.
- Manipulative materials are used.