Transferring to UCM?
Tips to Make it Seamless!
Update Your FAFSA
- Log into your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Click on "Make Changes"
- Click on the "School Selection" tab
- Click on the "Add a School" button
- Type 002454 in the field marked "Federal School Code" then "Search"
- Ensure the box is selected next to UCM, then click the "Add" button
- Choose your Housing Plans then click on "Next"
- Click on the "Sign and Submit" tab
- After entering your PIN, you should see a confirmation message that UCM was added successfully
- You will receive an email from UCM when your FAFSA information is downloaded
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
You should receive login and password information within 10 business days of being accepted into the University.
Once you receive the email notification that your FAFSA has been received, go to the "Student Services" tab and click on "Eligibility" then "Student Requirements." If no requirements are listed, you should have an award package posted within the next 3-5 business days. The video below is a short demo that will familiarize you with the process.
About Authorizing Your Aid
All students must give a one-time authorization to allow their financial aid to pay "educationally-related" charges. These charges include (but are not limited to) parking permits, library fines, childcare expenses, health insurance, and some housing charges.
To authorize your aid to pay these types of expenses, you must click on "Authorize Refund Request" in MyCentral. This link can be found on the Student Services tab.