Carver Middle School Newsletter
May 5, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Feliz Cinco de Mayo! As you are aware, Spring SOL testing begins tomorrow. It is very important for students to continue to study hard, eat well and get plenty of rest. It is also important for student to make sure that their chromebooks are fully charged every day. Students are scheduled to take their English reading test this week. Eighth graders are scheduled to test tomorrow. Sixth and Seventh graders are scheduled to test Tuesday.
Please join me in displaying gratitude during Teacher's Appreciation week! We sincerely appreciate all that our teachers do. Our teachers go above and beyond the call of duty everyday. Our teachers work after hours to provide students with additional help, provide inspiration, say kind words when they are most needed and and challenge students to grow. Often times without receiving a thank you. On behalf of the Carver Middle Community I would like to say thank you to all of the teachers in the Carver Middle Family for all that you do and have done for children! If you are able to read this Newsletter, please thank a teacher!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
May 6-10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
May 6- Reading 8 SOL
May 7- Reading 6 SOL
May 8- Reading 7 SOL
May 31- 8th Grade Dance- 6 pm-8 pm
Please review the handbook with your student to be aware of our school wide expectations particularly regarding dress code as the weather warms. Thank you very much for your support!
Purchase a Year Book for Your Cougar!
Parents, Carver Middle School's yearbook will be here by the end of May. If you have not purchased a yearbook yet for your student, there are two ways to purchase one.
1. Bring a check (made out to Carver) or cash to Mr. McGill, room 1606 for 35.00
2. Go to Caver Middle School Website and click on "school information" and select "yearbook" at the bottom.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
- Carver Mornings will return after Spring Break.
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.