May 28th, 2018 Pony News
On the Side of Hope!
WE ARE ALMOST THERE! LET'S CROSS THE FINISH LINE TOGETHER.
No Excuses University College Days
From May 21st through June 1st, we want to invite you to have No Excuses University College Days. During these days, take some time to continue learning with your students about the university that you represent. Remind them of their class year. For example, our 5th graders will be graduating high school Class of 2025 and graduating college class of 2029... Wow!
Think of ways you can make these days engaging. Examples:
- Decorate your doors and the hallways.
- Invite people to speak about their universities!
- Team up with other teachers and surprise your students.
- Each day that the whole class is present, add a letter to spell 'College'. The class could be rewarded when 'College' is spelled.
- Create a college video to be shown during the announcements.
- Complete a mock college application. Prepare students about what is expected when they get to high school and begin the actual process of preparing for college.
- Have your class apply to the next grade level.
- This is a power point about six different ways to pay for college. I created it in response to hearing my fifth graders say that college was too expensive. Suitable for grades 5 and up. (from NoExcuse Connect)
- The students choose two universities to research and then complete a double bubble thinking map, similar to a Venn Diagram, in order to compare and contrast them. The universities can be given by the teacher or the students can choose their own. One university can be red, the other blue and any similarities between the two will be put inside a purple circle, to show they're alike. The students can add illustrations to their work for visual appeal and for a bulletin board display.
- College Brochure assignment.
Remember, our school will be used for Summer School.
All rooms with the exception of the 4th grade hall upstairs inside the building will be used. Portables will not be used.
Technology Items that need to be available:
- Document Camera w/power adapter
- VGA Cable
- Audio Cable
- Projector Remote
- Smart Board Power Adapter
- Smart Board Markers & Eraser
Kindergarten teachers: Here is a sheet to mark what you need to leave out; place it on your door before leaving for the summer.
Summer School Room Assignments:
1st floor: Pre-K and Kindergarten
2nd floor: SSI (5th Grade)
Please take all mascots/animals and their cages home with you, so students won't have access to them.
Monday, May 28th
Tuesday, May 29th
3rd Grade Elm Fork Field Trip
3rd & 4th Science EOY CBA
EOY LPAC,4th and 5th
Wednesday, May 30th
- W.W. Sunglasses
- 3rd Grade Elm Fork Field Trip
- 3rd & 4th Science EOY CBA
- All Level Team Meetings
- Seniors celebration- Breakfast
Thursday, May 31st
- *EOY Staff Party
- 4th Field Trip Ft. Worth Stockyards
- LA ACT
- GRADES DUE at 4 pm
- 4th 9 wk. Report Cards
Friday, June 1st
- Book Drive for Kids (each of our Ponies gets a book)
- Instructional Support Breakfast 8:00 to 9:00
- LVES Spirit Day
- 5th grade Luck in 3:00 to 6:00
EOY Staff Party
EOY LPAC 4th & 5th May 29th
June 4th AWARDS
June 5th AWARDS
Staff Shout Outs
- Thank you Ms. Amador for graciously donating one of your days!!
- Mrs. Quezada - For being a valuable part of our team!
- Mr. Thomas - For his hard work and dedication to our students.
- Wanda Echeverria for being such a wonderful kindness pal. Thank you!
- Kim Kilam for always being kind to me, and for all the breakfast goodies you bring me all the time. Thank you!
- Ms. Paris for being such an awesome partner and friend.
- All of our instructional support; you are amazing! Thanks for all you do for our kiddos!
- Mrs. Huerta - Awesome use of the BOGO Book Fair for your students. Thank you.
- All Pony Paras - Thanks for a wonderful last session of PLC Rotations for our students. You all did a wonderful job with the outdoor activities. Thank you.
- Mrs. Anguita and Ms. Medlock for the informative GT training: Depth & Complexity Part 2. Well done! Thank you.
- Mrs. Burleson for your amazing patience with our ponies. You are a wonderful role model.
- Mrs. Valdes, thanks for the time and assistance to build next year's class lists during the PLC sessions.
- Sandra Zamora - Nice job on STEM Night. Parents and students really enjoyed the event.
- Veronica Hernandez - The Library activities were a great part of STEM Night.
- Thanks to all involved for such a fAbUlOuS Career Day!!!
- Ms. Wooster, thank you for always being such a support with students!
- Mrs. Hernandez, thank you for facilitating a Buy one, Get one Free Book Fair for our campus!
- Thank you Ms. Carol for being so efficient this year in handling iPad money and forms!
- Mrs. Burleson, thank you for always going above and beyond in supporting our students and staff!!
- Ms. Green, thank you for being such an AMAZING support for our students and parents! You are such an asset to this campus!
Click here to submit your Shout Out.