News and Notes for the Madison Staff (3/6/15)
IMPORTANT Attendance Reminder
- We're scaring parents by asking the whereabouts of kids that they have sent to school.
- We're not accounting for the student who actually was absent.
- We're putting doubt into the minds of parents that are entrusting us with their kids.
Please be VERY careful marking the attendance. I know such mundane, daily tasks can seem trivial, but this one isn't. Believe me, I'm sure I made the same mistake in my teaching years.
- All PARCC testing will occur the week of March 16-20, each morning.
- Make-up testing will occur in the afternoons.
- 3rd Grade will be testing first thing every morning and will be finished by 11:15AM.
- 4th and 5th grade will be testing after PE and will be finished by 12:00PM
- ALL GRADES: No outdoor recess during the AM that week.
- No noise in LLC or main hallway.
- No interruptions to testing classrooms during testing.
Dr. Schuler's Visit
40 Bald Kids Coming Soon!
Mr. Grace has issued a challenge! If we raise $10,000 he will shave the head and beard!
- Kids are currently bringing spare change or dollars to lunch to deposit into one of three voting jars: (1) Shave head, (2) shave beard, (3) shave both
- I will begin my raffle next week, allowing students to win the chance to choose my "pre-shave" hair color, style. Last year, the winning student chose pink and orange.
Check out Chase, one of 5 St. Baldrick's Embassadors. He lives in Wheaton and will be here on March 20! http://www.stbaldricks.org/blog/post/new-video-chases-childhood-cancer-story
Mon, Mar 9: 4-5PM Primary reading resources (Park District)
Tue, Mar 10: 4-5PM Intermediate reading resources (Park District)
Wed, Mar 11: CANCELLED! 8:30AM Staff Meeting
Wed, Mar 11: PARCC Scribe Training
Wed, Mar 11: 10:30AM Primary Reading Incentive Game Show
Wed, Mar 11: 1:15PM Intermediate Reading Incentive Game Show
Wed, Mar 11: 3:40PM Dr. Schuler here (optional)
Mon, Mar 16: PARCC Testing begins
Wed, Mar 18: 8:30AM Staff Meeting
Thu, Mar 19: 12PM PTA Meeting
Fri, Mar 20: 2PM St. Baldrick's Day
Mon, Mar 23: 8:30AM MIT Meeting
Tue, Mar 24: PARCC Make-Up Deadline
Wed, Mar 25: 8:30AM Staff Meeting
Thu, Mar 26: 2:30PM 1980's at Madison Assembly
Wed, Apr 22: Edison Step-Up Day
Fri, May 22: EMD