Culture Discussion Day
- Today you will complete your Culture Discussion and submit 2 comments on others' posts.
- Work on your L5 Speaking Assignment (Due Tomorrow!)
- Keep working on L5 vocabulary and grammar.
- Spend some time on your mid term project! Check out the sample below.
Culture Discussion Day
- Post your Lesson 5 Cultural Discussion Post today.
- Always carefully review the Discussion Rubric and criteria on the page before and after writing your post - this is the criteria I use to determine your grade on the assignment. Be sure your post adequately covers all of the criteria.
- Remember that you must submit 2 comments to your classmates' posts to get full credit!
- Response posts should be thoughtful, at least 2 sentences, and must add to and/or promote further discussion.
- Please carefully read all of the directions so you can get full credit for your assignment. Rubrics are your friends! :) がんばってください。
Please cite your sources! I hate deducting points for this!!!
Education in Japan
This week you'll learn more about education in Japanese primary and secondary schools, after school education and social education in Japan.
In previous culture discussions we learned about Japanese schools. This week we'll focus a bit more on after school education and social education.
Use the link below to access this week's reading. It takes a while for all of this to load. :( You'll want to look at the info on Primary and Secondary Schools (starting on page 141), After School Education (starting on page 151( and Social Education (starting on page 161)
Mid Term Project
Our class mascot Tanaka san created a slide for the mid term project for Lesson 4. Take a look below and listen to her recording to see how she set up her slide.
This is great because Tanaka san used a relevant picture for her slide, wrote everything in Japanese, did not use English or romaji and had 4 great lines with vocabulary and grammar from Lesson 4. She also included a recording of her saying all 4 lines.
Let's take a closer look at the lines:
みんなさん、あそびましょうか。Everyone, shall we hang out?
こうえんであいましょうか。 Shall we meet at the park?
ほうかごはどうですか。How about after school?
じゃ、さんじごろにあいましょう。Well, around 3:00 let's meet.
Be sure to carefully read the directions to include everything you need to include to maximize your points for your mid term project.
Your Mid Term Project is due on March 17, 2016.
Daniel J. attended last night's Culture Cafe and earned 1 extra credit point! Thanks for your attendance and participation Daniel!