Cobb Middle School Weekly News
April 17-21, 2017
Coming Up This Week...
- Bad Weather Makeup Day not needed - NO SCHOOL!
- Symphonic/Philharmonic Orchestra Pride of Texas Music Festival, 9:30-4:30
- Math & Science Team Meeting, 3:40-4:15 p.m., D104
- Lego Club, 3:40-4:25 p.m., B123
- Writing Club, 7:55-8:15 a.m., D106
- Comic Book Club, 7:55-8:15 a.m., D103
- Film Club, 3:40-4:10 p.m., C101
- Student-Led Bible Study, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B121
- Beginning Band Dress Rehearsal, 3:45-5:15 p.m., Band Hall
- Staff Meeting, 3:50-4:50 p.m., Cafe (NO AFTERNOON TUTORIALS)
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Soccer vs. Hunt, 5:30-8:30 p.m., FHS
- Get Lost in a Book! PTA Book Fair begins today in the Library (SEE BELOW)
- Beginning & Jazz Band Sandy Lake Contest, 9:00-2:30, Sandy Lake Amusement Park
- Math & Science Team Meeting, 3:40-4:15 p.m., E114
- Mandatory Best Buddies Meeting for next year's members, 3:45 p.m., B112
- PTA Board Meeting, 4:45-5:45 p.m., location TBD
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Soccer vs. Hunt, 5:30-8:30 p.m., FHS
- PTA Regular Meeting (meet Wakeland principal, Dr. Edge), Family Night at the Book Fair and Cobb Multicultural Night, 5:45-7:30 p.m., Cafe
- END OF MARKING PERIOD 5
- "Blue Out Cobb" Day for Autism Awareness Month (SEE BELOW)
- Choir All-Region Rehearsal, 5:00-7:30 p.m., Schimelpfenig MS, Plano
- Math/Science Team State Competition, UT San Antonio
Save the Dates
- 4/22 - COBB BEAUTIFICATION DAY, 9:00-12:00, Cobb grounds (SEE BELOW)
- 4/22 - Math/Science Team State Competition, UT San Antonio
- 4/22 - Choir All-Region Clinic/Concert, 8:30-6:00, Prosper HS
- 4/22 - Orchestra Solo/Ensemble Contest, 8:00-5:00, Stafford MS
- 4/24 - Staff Development - NO SCHOOL for students
- 4/26 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Soccer vs. Pioneer, 5:30-8:30 p.m., LSHS
- 4/27 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Soccer vs. Pioneer, 5:30-8:30 p.m., LSHS
- 4/28 - Beginning Orchestra Rehearsal, 7:30-8:15 a.m., G108
- 4/28 - Academic Pentathlon **Super Quiz Practice**, 3:40-5:00 p.m., E103
- 4/28 - Choir Movie Night, 4:30-6:30 p.m., G108
- 4/29 - Band Solo Contest, 8:00-4:00, Band Hall, Cafe, Elective Hall
- 5/1-5/5 - Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/1 - Debate Club Meeting, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B114
- 5/1 - STAAR Refresher Training, 3:50-4:20 p.m., Library
- 5/2 - Algebra I End of Course Exam
- 5/2 - Best Buddies Meeting, 3:45-4:15 p.m., B112
- 5/3 - Comic Book Club, 7:55-8:15 a.m., D103
- 5/3 - Harry Potter Club, 3:40-4:30 p.m., C103
- 5/3 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Soccer vs. Staley, 5:30-8:30 p.m., FHS
- 5/4 - Library Club, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Library
- 5/4 - StuCo General Meeting, 7:55-8:15 a.m. or 3:45-4:15 p.m., C118
- 5/4 - Band PEAK Festival for Concert & Symphonic Bands, 9:00-2:00, UNT
- 5/4 - STAAR Run-through during 9th period
- 5/4 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Soccer vs. Staley, 5:30-8:30 p.m., FHS
- 5/4 - Choir Cluster Concert, 6:00-8:00 p.m., location TBD
Cobb is the place to be on April 20th!
PTA Regular Meeting featuring Dr. Donna Edge - Wakeland's principal will be here to speak with Cobb parents and students. See you there, future Wolverines!
Book Fair Family Night - Pop into the Cobb Library at anytime during the evening to shop all the latest book titles.
Multicultural Night - Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Namaste, Salaam, Guten Tag, Ni Hau! Cobb Middle School and Cobb PTA invite you to celebrate our diverse heritage. If you would like to share your family's culture at the event, click here! Check out our flyer for more details and contact Becky Batman or Ms. Meeks with any questions.
Cobb Beautification Day - AND Clean It & Green It 2017 will take place on Saturday, April 22nd from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. We hope that you will join us!! Doing a community cleanup at Cobb will help build a sense of community, beautify our campus and help keep litter out of our natural spaces. Our Cobb students and families are a huge help in accomplishing this.
Click here to pre-register for Clean It & Green It. One registration form per family. Use the following info:
Organization name - Cobb Middle School
Team Leader - Julie Roeder
Team Leader email - firstname.lastname@example.org
*We will be weeding, mulching and planting around the campus so please bring gloves and any small tools that you feel will be helpful for you.*
CURRENT 6th Grade Parents – Keep those shot records coming in! We are at 54% complete with 148 records left to collect. Please turn in records as soon as possible to avoid the long lines at Schedule Pick up.
Recalled Medication - Please read this information about recalled medications.
Toy Drive - Would you like to donate toys to children with disabilities? Get the details here.
Wakeland Color Guard Auditions - Calling all rising freshmen who are interested in auditioning for the 2017-2018 WHS Color Guard, please join us at an interest meeting and clinic on April 25th. See the flyer for more details.
Wolverine Nation Relay for Life - Relay for Life is an annual event for the American Cancer Society that Wakeland has hosted the past few years. They are really trying to expand their team this year to include future Wolverines from both middle and elementary school feeders! This year's event is on May 5th. Read all about it.
2017-2018 SCHOOL SUPPLIES - Pre-packaged school supplies are available to order now! The order deadline is June 25th.
- See instructions on how to order.
- You can pick up your school supply packs during your grade level schedule pickup in August.
- Be sure to order the correct grade level packet for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- There will NOT be any EXTRA packets to purchase at schedule pickup, so be sure to order your supplies today!
Dress Code Reminders - As the weather gets a little warmer and the clothing gets a little smaller, are you up to speed on the school dress code?
NJHS Volunteer Opportunity - Check out the Pink Elementary Fun Run on April 20th for a chance to serve others.
7th Grade Parents - If you haven't already, please login into your student's mypaymentsplus account and pay for him/her to go on our 7th Grade Field Trip to the Dallas Zoo on May 19th. Read all about it here. Thank you for your help and support!
Join the Club - One of the best parts of middle school is getting involved with a group of your peers to do something you enjoy outside the classroom. Cobb has a diverse list of clubs and organizations to fit every student's interests, so encourage your child to try one out!
FISD Summer Reading Lists - Middle School and High School Pre-AP and GT ILA students can find their required reading for 2017 here.