A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of December 4, 2017
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- PK Alphabet & K-2 Sigh Word Assessments All Week
- Gr 3-5 Science & Social Studies Assessments All Week
- Hour of Code All Week **Email Helton for Coding Cart time**
- Region 12 Math Coaching on Wednesday, 12/4
- RtI Updates on Monday, 12/4 in Locker Room at Conference Time
- CDMC on Tuesday, 12/5 at 4:15 pm
- Outstanding Teacher Ceremony on Tuesday, 12/5 at 6:30 pm at Waco High
- Region 12 Math Coaching Follow Up on Wednesday, 12/6
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, 12/6 **Bring an Ipad**
- Adopt A School Meeting on Thursday, 12/7
- Lunch & Learn on Thursday, 12/7 during lunch time
- BU Equestrian Team Book Distribution (K Only) on Friday, 12/8 at 12 pm
- Math PLC on Friday, 12/8
- 1st Gr. & Mayborn on Friday, 12/8
- 5th Gr. Science Review Day with Region 12 on Friday, 12/8
COMING UP! District Math Assessments, Caroling at the Mall, Triad Meetings, Early Release
From Your Captain
If you have incidents involving students and sexual harassment or anything of a sexual nature, no matter the age, the incident MUST be documented on an Incident Report Form and turned in to Mrs. Helton immediately. This is per our sexual harassment Safe Schools training.
Email your grade level plans for Holiday Parties (December 15) to Connie Barron. She will be keeping track of them for parents that call asking questions.
Please read the article below regarding formative assessments. This is an area for ongoing improvement for our campus. https://goo.gl/1jkl5e
Don't forget to check out the Lead4ward Quick Checks for some great formative assessments strategies and higher order questions. https://goo.gl/yk4MPL
12 Days of Christmas
Here is the staff version: https://www.smore.com/j1k5r
Here is the student version: https://drive.google.com/a/wacoisd.org/file/d/1KMnrsZ1Kl0JRrA4G_l48hkXJxuglo7ZH/view?usp=sharing
Houses will be able to earn points on some of the days based on participation!
Unfortunately, if the writing in the restroom in the 4th/5th grade hallway doesn't stop, classes will have to start taking class restroom breaks together. You may remind students that since they are vandalizing STATE property, the consequences will include police involvement.
Our next triad meeting will be after the early release on December 15. Make sure you have completed your observations prior to this date. The focus is on student to student communication. Form here: https://docs.google.com/a/wacoisd.org/document/d/1GozHheMZBfDDS6CIttHxmps0HyK52LiiEaLXdSVvsAE/edit?usp=sharing