Osceola Science Charter School - March 5, 2018
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 our fourth grade students will be participating on the FSA ELA Writing Assessment. To ensure we provide the best testing environment to our students, we will be limiting access to our campus to only faculty and staff during each test administration.
Please note that the Book Fair will be closed during the morning of Tuesday, March 6, 2018 and will reopen after 12pm. Book Fair volunteers will not be scheduled during the morning hours and are asked to please arrive after 12pm.
Monday, March 5
Book signing with Peter Raymundo - former Walt Disney Studios animator and the author/illustrator of Third Grade Mermaid.
-Tuesday, March 6
4th Grade FSA Writing Test- Book Fair is closed until 12:00PM (No visitors and volunteers until 12:00PM)
-Wednesday- March 7
No Early Release Day (students will be dismissed at 2:50PM)
-Wednesday, March 7
Muffins with Moms @ 7:30AM
-Thursday, March 8
Donuts with Dads @ 7:30AM
-Friday, March 9
Parents night out @ the Book Fair between 4:00PM and 7:00PM
-Friday, March 9
Black History Month Assembly
8:30AM -Grades 2-4
9:30AM -Grades K-1
-Friday, March 9
Spirit Day Chick Fil A
-Wednesday, March 14
Pi (Pie) Day- Teacher Appreciation Day
-Friday, March 16
Amazon STEM Material donation ceremony between 9:30AM and 11:00AM
-Friday, March 16 - March 23
-Friday, March 30
UCF STEM Day
Upcoming Field Trips
- March 7th 1st Grade Field Trip to Kenney Space Center
- March 9th Kindergarten Field Trip to see the play Madagascar A Musical Adventure
- March 14th is Pie Day
- March 16th- March 23rd Spring Break
- March 30th 2nd Grade Field Trip to see the play Judy Moody & Stink The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt
OSCS BOOK FAIR
In Celebration of Black History Month
Amazon STEM Materials Donation Ceremony
OSCEOLA SCIENCE 2018 SUMMER STEM CAMP
Thank you to those who have already expressed an interest in our Summer STEM Camp! The official dates will be June 11th - June 22nd. This camp is only for current OSCS students and lottery winners who completed registration by June 1, 2018.
WHAT IS OSCS STEM CAMP?
It is an opportunity for your children to continue learning in a fun, safe environment! This includes science experiments, creating new inventions with the engineering design cycle, sports, music, art, and so much more. For an additional fee, before and after care are also provided. Before care and after care will be available. Pricing details can be found below. A tentative schedule also can be found below.
2018 CAMPER REGISTRATION
Camper registration begins on February 19, 2018. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Once a session has filled, a wait list is formed for that specific session.
TENTATIVE DAILY SCHEDULE
7:00 - 8:00
In each classroom, the children will have options for free play before camp begins.
8:00 - 9:30
STEM Session One
The campers will work together on hands on, minds on activities in their classrooms with their camp teacher.
The campers will stretch their muscles, get outside and play doing this recess time.
10:00 - 11:30
STEM Session Two
The work continues through hands on, minds on activities focused on STEM education and whole brain learning during this time.
11:30 - 12:30
Lunch is not included. Students will need to bring their own lunch
Snack and Juice will be provided
12:30 - 2:30
Sports and Arts Block
During this time, campers will work on their team working skills while practicing basketball, soccer, table tennis and more. The campers will also work on their artistic side through music and art.
2:30 - 4:30
During this time, campers will read, write, complete mathematics work, and get a head start on next year’s lessons.
4:30 - 5:00
Cool Down and Clean Up
This time is used for campers to reflect, gather their belongings, and get ready for dismissal.
5:00 - 6:00
In each classroom, the children will have options for free play after camp ends.
A non-refundable $25 registration fee is required to hold your child’s spot. Camp at OSCS is $275 but register before March 30th to receive $25 off this price! Additionally, Before Care and After Care are available for $50 each session per child. Spots are limited - first come, first serve.
Non-refundable Registration Fee: $25
Camp Fee: $250 before March 30th (Payment can be made by installations until May 4th)
Camp Fee: $275 after March 30th (Payment can be made by installations until May 4th)
Morning Care for full 2 weeks (between 7:00am and 8:00am): $50 ($5 daily)
Afternoon Care for full 2 weeks (between 5:00pm and 6:00pm): $50 ($5 daily)
Morning + Afternoon Care for full 2 weeks: $100
HOW TO REGISTER
- Complete and submit our online Camper Application Form
- Pay non-refundable $25 registration fee via RegistrationFee
- An enrollment confirmation will be sent back to you by email.
- Pay camp fee via CampFee when you receive confirmation email
- Full final payment is due by May 4th.
- All additional required camper forms must be submitted by June 1
Families with more than one camper attending camp are entitled to a $25 sibling discount off the second, third, and so on.
Any camper who can manage in a typical school setting should thrive at Summer STEM Camp. However, because student safety is paramount, some prospective campers’ physical or emotional considerations may require extra help. Please call the office to discuss your child’s specific needs and to find out if our camp is an appropriate placement.
We adhere strictly to the following policies:
- All applications are processed on a first come, first served basis
- A non-refundable deposit of $25 per child is required at the time of registration. If we are unable to accommodate your choice, we will call you before continuing the registration process.
- Full payment is due by May 4th.
- For registrations after May 4th, full payment must accompany registration
- All payments (less non-refundable deposits) are refundable up until June 1
- Any monies (less deposits) paid toward the balance of the program are refundable up until June 1, provided that the camp office has been notified in writing of the withdrawal
- After June 1, all camp fees are non-refundable
- Once a session has reached its maximum enrollment, we will form a wait list for that age group session
- There is no cost to remain on a wait list
- If an opening becomes available, families are contacted in the order in which they were added to the wait list
- Osceola Science requires each camper to have a physical examination and immunization history provided by a physician within 12 months of attending camp. This must be on file with the camp no later than June 1.
- It is the parents’ responsibility to bring any special concerns about their child to the Director’s attention at the time of initial registration.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
Osceola Science Summer STEM Camp strives to offer a group experience and opportunities for learning within the boundaries of safety, common sense and the law. We reserve the right to terminate the participation of any camper, without refund and without formal hearing, whom we believe has violated the conditions for participation or has become a hindrance to the group or goals of the program.
For more information, please contact Ms. Kelly at Kathryn.Kelly@osceolascience.org.
Order your Yearbook Today! Save $10
Don’t wait to reserve your student’s copy of the Osceola Science Charter School yearbook!
Buy online now at https://www.schoolpay.com/school/payments/individual-items. Yearbooks are on sale for just $25.
These are the days your student will want to remember forever. Buy their yearbook now to make it un forgettable.
- You’ll need to purchase your copy by March 30th.
- You can also click "Upload Photos" to share photos from to contribute to our school yearbook. Yearbook Code: OSCSyearbook
Osceola Science Yearbook Committee
Parents Volunteer Organization
If you are interested in filling any position please send an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.