News from Fourth Grade
December 7 - December 11
This week we will be starting our fiction unit. We will begin by talking about different types of fiction (realistic fiction, traditional literature, and folktales) and how to distinguish between them. We will also be discussing what point of view a story is told from (1st person, 3rd person) and the way fiction texts are usually structured (chronologically).
Remember students should be recording their 30 minutes of reading every night on their home reading log and turning it in every Friday!
This week we will be working on multi-step word problems that have remainders and how to write an equation to represent a word problem . Students will be working daily through a rotation of four stations (independent work, hands on activity, technology practice, teacher group). Students will also be working daily on math facts practice.
Students will be taking their Unit 2 On-Demand Assessment on Tuesday, December 15th and Wednesday, December 16th.
Weekly Home Expectations
- 30 minutes of reading a night recorded on Home Reading Log
- Math facts practice (IXL, xtramath, fashcards, etc.)
- Please be sure to return the recorder form by Thursday, December 10th!
- "Mr. Smarty Pants" Assembly - Wednesday, December 9th
- NO SCHOOL - Friday, December 11th (Teacher Inservice)
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 21 students in our classroom.
Goodrich Holiday Giving Project
The PTO and Goodrich Staff are coming together to adopt a future Goodrich family this holiday season!
How can you help?
With monetary donations or by donating new toys or new books by Friday, December 18th!
A flyer with much more information will be in your student's Friday Folder today (12/4)!