Future Ready Journey
In Forney ISD, we are committed to ensuring that our students graduate high school #forneyfutureready through post-secondary opportunities in College, Career, or Military.
Important Dates: Future Readiness
October 1st: FAFSA Opens
October 6th: School day ACT Test: SENIORS only!
October 22nd: ASVAB Test: North Forney HS
October 23rd: ASVAB Test: Forney HS
*For specific testing information, please see your campus counselors*
SAT vs. ACT: What's the Difference?
- Both tests generally cover the same material that students learn throughout high school. While some of the topics may differ, they generally focus on the same subjects with the focus being on Math, Reading, and Writing.
- ACT has a Science section, while SAT focuses on "Information Literacy". The ACT has a separate Science section that has reading passages along with multiple choice questions. It does not go extremely in depth with the content, but instead is measuring the ability to read and answer questions. The SAT measures information literacy throughout the Math, Reading, and Writing sections.
- Should I write the Essay for either exam? This depends on whether the college that you would like to go to requires it, recommends it, or doesn't need it at all. ALWAYS make sure to check the colleges entrance requirements prior to taking the exam!
Career Ready FISD: Culinary Arts
Future Career Opportunities
- Food Scientist
- Food Service Manager/Restaurant Manager
- Food Quality Assurance Specialist or Manager
FAFSA Support Nights
Tuesday, Oct. 6th, 7pm
This is an online event.
Please be sure to use the QR code or go to the link on the event to register.
*Beginning with the 2020-21 school year, all SENIORS are required to complete the FAFSA prior to graduation. Please see your child's counselor for more details.
Scholarships for Students: RaiseMe
Senior Spotlight: James Jones
Thank you for being #ForneyFutureReady and for serving our country. Congratulations James!