The Hillside Happenings!
Keeping Hillside Connected And Informed (23-24 V 4)
AERIES & GRADES (Semester 1)
Aeries is the tool where teachers communicate progress. Google Classroom is also a great way to stay up to date on assignments.
Progress Reports are announced at:
- 5 Week Progress Report viewable in Aeries on 9/11 (teachers update grades in Aeries 8/31-9/8)
- 10 Week Quarter Progress Report viewable in Aeries on 10/19 (teachers update grades 10/6-10/18)
- 15 Week Progress Report viewable in Aeries on 11/13 (teachers update grades 11/3-11/12)
- Semester 1 Grades viewable in Aeries on 1/9 (teachers update grades 12/14-1/8)
Middle School students at High School Football games
- All students are required to present their school IDs for admission and carry it with them at all times during the event.
- Only small bags will be permitted inside the stadium. Backpacks are not permitted.
- Cash will not be accepted at the ticket booth. We recommend securing your tickets in advance through the school's online platform.
- Airhorns or other noise-producing devices are not permitted.
Expectations of Behavior:
- Respectful Behavior: All students are to demonstrate respectful conduct towards their peers, other attendees, and school staff.
- Remaining Seated: All students should be sitting in the bleachers during the game. Loitering in any one area for prolonged periods of time is to be avoided.
- Positive Encouragement: All students are to use supportive and positive cheers that contribute to a friendly and uplifting atmosphere that demonstrates sportsmanship.
- Maintaining Cleanliness; All students are to throw away their trash and help maintain the cleanliness of the stadium, school facilities, and surrounding neighborhood.
See Changes Below
Thursday August 31st-No Block Day
PTSA Fundraiser El Pollo Loco on September 6th
PTSA Reflections-Friday, September 29th at 3 PM
Hillside PTA hosts Reflections Art Program for students grades 6 - 8 and special artist category
Please visit https://capta.org/programs-events/reflections/ for rules and additional information. Categories include dance choreography, literature, photography,
film production, music composition, and visual arts. Students may enter more than one category. English and Spanish entry forms are available in the Hillside office or online.
Art should be submitted to Mrs. Shonka in the Assistant Principal's office no later than
Yearbook Presale Happening Now
Yearbook Dedication Advertisement
Items in previous editions
CELL PHONE Policy
In an effort to provide the best academic environment for our students, one that is free of distractions, cell phones should be off and put away during the Bell Schedule day.
- Electronic devices may be used before school starts, but may not be used during the school day.
- Policy found in Student Handbook
HILLSIDE PTSA NEWS
AERIES DATA Confirmation
Simi Valley Unified District will be utilizing the Aeries computer system again this year for your child’s academic progress, as well as health, contact information and communication. It is required that all families complete the data confirmation in the Aeries portal before school begins on Thursday, August 10, 2023.
NOTE: When updating contact information, it would be helpful to use a cell phone number as the primary number. This will allow you to receive the text messages the school sends out. If you need assistance logging into the Aeries Parent Portal, our school office will reopen on July 24th
How Early Can I arrive on Campus?
- Students who attend 0 period classes can arrive at 6:45am in the morning on Monday-Thursday.
- At 7:30am we open the cafeteria for early arrival students and for those who want to get breakfast on Monday-Friday.
- At 7:45am (Monday-Thursday) we open the main gate to the campus.
- On Friday we open gate opens at 8:40 am.
DROP OFF & PICK UP PROCEDURES
(Front of Campus)
The front parking lot has 4 lanes. Lanes 1 & 3 are devoted towards drop off/pick up and lanes 2 & 4 are devoted for thru traffic. See the map below.
Pedestrian crossing on Fitzgerald Rd & Whitcomb Ave
Please help ensure the safety of students coming to school by:
- watching vehicle speed
- not stopping in the middle of the street on Whitcomb Ave or Fitzgerald Rd.
- respecting right of way of students crossing in the cross walk
- reminding your student not to jaywalk across Whitcomb Ave.
Support The PTSA
MEMBERSHIPGreat schools have a connected community. By becoming a member of the PTSA, you are supporting the connectedness that helps make Hillside Middle School a great place to learn and grow. Families can join using this link.