Should you quit?
-Around 1,000 youth become cigarette smokers every day
-Approx. 70% of smokers want to quit completely
-45% of smokers try to quit every year
Used by the Nazi's in their concentration camps.
One of the most deadly poisons.
used in traps to kill rodents by dehydration
Synthetic pesticide still used in various parts of the world. It has been banned in the USA since 1972
Replaces oxygen in the blood stream
Cancer in the....
- Trachea, bronchus, and lung
- Blood (acute myeloid leukemia)
- Colon and rectum (colorectal)
- Kidney and ureter
- Oropharynx (includes parts of the throat, tongue, soft palate, and the tonsils)
- early delivery
- Stillbirth (death of the baby before birth)
- Low birth weight
START (Way to stop)
S = Set a quit date.
T = Tell family, friends, and co-workers that you plan to quit.
A = Anticipate and plan for the challenges you'll face while quitting.
R = Remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your home, car, and work.
T = Talk to your doctor about getting help to quit.