NEWS & VIEWS
~~~~~~~MAPLE GROVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL~~~~~~~
MAPLE GROVE VISION/MISSION STATEMENT
Mission: We develop knowledgeable confident and responsible citizens through inspirational and innovative opportunities.
FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED
A mask mandate was started September 13th, 2021 district wide. Please make sure your child comes to school with a mask every day. They should have their name on their mask. Your cooperation is appreciated.
PTO FALL BOOK FAIR
Maple Grove Families,
It's that time of year! Time for the PTO Fall Scholastic Book Fair! Our book fair will be October 1 - 7, 2021. We need YOU to make this a success! Click HERE for the sign-up genius to see what dates/times are available to volunteer. Remember, you will need a completed background check on file with the school corporation in order to enter the school past the office. Click HERE to get that done. Thank you for your support of our Maple Grove PTO!
2021 BOOK FAIR TEAM SCHEDULE
NOTICE: Book Fair will be attended during Tech Lab this year
OCTOBER 1: GOLD TEAM
OCTOBER 4: PURPLE TEAM
OCTOBER 5: RED TEAM
OCTOBER 6: WHITE TEAM
OCTOBER 7: BLUE TEAM
9/17-F-Day 1-2nd Grd. Innovation Ctr Trip 9:10-11:40am
9/22-W-Day 4-Bible Club 8:00-8:45am
9/28-Tu-Day 3-PTO Ice Cream Social 6:00-7:30pm
9/29-W-Day 4-Bible Club 8:00-8:45am, CG 1 Mile Run
9/30-Th-Day 5-Dine to Donate (Arni's), ESS Field Trip 9:30-12:00pm, CG 1 Mile Run Rain Date
10/1-F-Day 1-Scholastic Book Fair Begins! 10-1 through 10-7. 3rd Grd Field Trip
10/4-M-Day 2-Book Fair
10/6-W-Day 4-Bible Club 8:00-8:45am, Book Fair, Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:00-7:30pm
10/7-Th-Day 5-Book Fair, Healthy Smiles Dental Visit, ESS Zoo Field Trip
10/8-F-Day 1-Book Fair
10/11 - 10/15- FALL BREAK!
**WATCH FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SIGNING UP FOR PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES, COMING TO YOU ON MONDAY 9/20/21**
DINE TO DONATE - Help support the PTO and MGES
ICE CREAM SOCIAL
Join us for a scoop of ice cream, games and hearing about volunteer opportunities! We hope to see you there.
Dress Code Reminder - According to the CG Handbook
Student clothing and appearance should not draw undue attention from other students or faculty or disrupt the normal routine. If there is doubt about the appropriateness of a garment, it should not be worn. Attire typically worn at the beach is NOT appropriate for school. Clothing and/or any adornment displaying messages or images not appropriate for school, and examples would be messages containing profanity; sexual innuendo; references to drugs, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, or violence; or messages that incite hate towards other students or student groups. Hats, hoods, and sweatbands are not to be worn during the school day. Bare midriff, backless halters, and mesh shirts are not to be worn. Attire that may damage school property (such as chains) or pose a danger to the safety of students and staff members (such as "Heelies") shall not be worn.
Other Examples of Inappropriate Dress Might Include:
1. Short shorts and athletic shorts (less than thumb length)
2. Spaghetti Strap Tanktops
3. Pants worn below the waistline
4. Any other attire which the administration determines to be unacceptable
REMINDER FOR PICKING UP YOUR STUDENT EARLY OR FOR AN APPOINTMENT DURING THE DAY
Pick Up Patrol Cut Off Times
Cut-off times for PUP
M,T,Th,F - 3:00pm
Wed. - 2:15pm
The cutoff time to pick your child up from school to avoid traffic and the regular dismissal time is 3:30pm M,T,Th,F and 2:45pm W.
After entering the pick up information, you will be asked for the time, reason, and the FULL NAME of the person picking up your child. You can add any other information you feel is necessary.
Textbook fees are now overdue. It is now past September 15, 2021. You can pay your child(ren)s textbook/supply fees online via Skyward. To get to this section of Family Access, please log in to Skyward, select the student you wish to pay fees for (if you have more than one child).
There are a few places to find this payment option.
- Click on INFORMATION UPDATE and you will find the Make a Fee Payment option on the right hand side of the screen.
- There is also a FEE MANAGEMENT button on the left hand side of the screen. You may click here and make a payment. All credit cards payments need to be made via Skyward.
- You may send EXACT CASH or a CHECK with the EXACT AMOUNT in with your student to be turned into the office. A receipt will be sent home with your student.
Note: Please contact Jessica George with any questions: email@example.com
SECURITY AT MGES
- Exterior doors remain locked throughout the school day. Please ring the doorbell if you need assistance.
- The vestibule (entryway) is secured as well, and visitors will not be permitted in the building beyond the vestibule. If you are dropping off a child or picking up a child from the clinic or for an appointment, you will check in with Mrs. Schneider and your child will meet you in the vestibule.
- If you need to drop off/pick up items from school, there is a pass-through door located next to Mrs. Schneider.
- Be sure to have your ID on you at all times when entering the building. We will still be checking ID's before any student can be checked out of the building.
- All students being picked up at the end of the school day will be a part of our car rider line.