March 25, 2021
In-Person Learning Schedule Changes
- Cohort A = Last Name (A-L) will continue to come on Thursdays.
- Cohort B = Last Name (M-Z) will continue to come on Mondays.
- Tuesdays will now be Cohort C days. Cohort C students will also continue to have the option to access campus every In-Person day in order to continue their current schedule with their mentor.
Below: Students return to in-person learning on the DTCC campus.
Advising & Registration
Advising for Summer and Fall college courses began on March 18th. Mr. Evans sent an email to all students on March 17th with instructions. Please read the document that is attached in the email and make your appointment as soon as possible.
- Juniors, please schedule an appointment with Mrs. Machak to go over your senior year action plan.
- Topics discussed: Graduation requirements, potential college, major plans, and testing
- If you missed Junior House for March, please make sure to review the PPT posted on Canvas before meeting with Mrs. Machak
Cap and Gown Pickup and Ordering
Sharpen Your Interviewing Skills
Are you graduating and going into the workforce? Do interviews make you nervous? If so, DTCC Career Services can help you! They will hold mock interviews for interested students. Mock interviews are designed to give you feedback after you do a practice interview so you can improve for your real interview. This could also be good practice for scholarship interviews as well. Students interested in participating should sign up here:
Mavs Across America - We Did It!
Great job Mavericks! We’ve made it across America, 2.569 miles!
We have just over 2 months until the end of the school year. Where to next?
Take the survey, and results will be announced at the next Town Hall.
Duke Neuroscience - Paid Summer Job
Ms. Machak's Counselor Corner
NCA&T STEM Scholarship
With a $1.5 million gift from GlaxoSmithKline, North Carolina A&T University is starting a new scholarship program called Aggie Commitment Trailblazers (ACT). The scholarships are open to Associate in Science or Associate in Engineering students planning to major in a STEM discipline at NC A&T and attending one of NC A&T’s partner colleges like Durham Tech. The scholarship covers full in-state tuition and fees.
The program begins this year, with students graduating this spring who have applied to NC A&T University. In the future students will be identified early and given additional advising and support from both NC A&T and Durham Tech before and after transferring. For more information, please contact the Transfer Center.
Not a STEM major but still bound for NC A&T? Apply to Aggie Plus, our guaranteed admissions pathway to NC A&T.
C3 Drop-In Hours
Apply to Winston-Salem State—No Application Fee!
Prospective transfer students are invited to participate Winston-Salem State University’s Transfer Tuesday virtual sessions where students can meet with transfer admissions for a presentation and question and answer. These sessions run through May 11 at 10:00 a.m. and we will allow for breakout sessions on a case-by-case scenario. Students who attend will have their application fee waived when they apply. To obtain the fee waiver students must register for this event by creating a portal account on Ram Admissions.
C-STEP Application Deadline April 1
If you are just beginning your degree at Durham Tech and hope to transfer to UNC Chapel Hill, C-STEP, Durham Tech’s guaranteed admissions pathway, may help you reach your goal. The application deadline is April 1. For more information, please contact Lea Bingham.
- William Peace University is pleased to announce registration for our fourth annual Academic Summer Camps is now open! This year we have three exciting camp offerings:
- Documenting Downtown Raleigh
- NEW - The Art of Songwriting
- NEW - Sports and Spirituality in Pursuit of Human Happiness – A Design-Thinking Approach
- For more details about each camp and to register, visit www.peace.edu/summercamps. Seats are limited to ensure all campers get hands-on experience with our world-class faculty. Apply soon!
- NC State's Office of Undergraduate Admissions is hosting three concurrent virtual pre-college summer programs, June 14 to June 25, for students to learn more about higher education and finding community on a college campus. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 16. go.ncsu.edu/register-precollege
- DPS Foundation Scholarship Now Open!
- Eligibility: Eligibility: DPS Students!
- Award Information: $500 to $3,000
- Application Deadline: 11:59 PM Friday, April 9th.
- Website: https://www.bullcityschools.org/college-scholarships
Jack and Jill Scholarship
- An African American male resident of Durham, Orange, Chatham or Granville county
- A leader actively engaged in civic, community and/or public service
- A graduating senior that will be a first‐year undergraduate, who has been admitted and plans to enroll his first semester at a community college, college or university the Summer or Fall of 2021
- Demonstrate a current high school GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Award Information: Minimum of $1,000
- Deadline:March 31, 2021
- Website: Available on Canvas
DTCC Campus Resources
NHS "Study Corner" Peer Tutoring
Is there a class that’s particularly stressful for you? Do you need help with math? Would you like someone to review an essay for you? We've only had a few inquiries and will need more people involved in order to get this program up and running.
National Honor Society is hosting a “Study Corner” for MCHS students:
●Program starts the third week of February (starting 2/17/21)
●15 minute appointment times to start with but can be adjusted if more time is needed
○Wednesdays and Fridays
●Peers to help with a variety of classes
Need more information:
●Contact the president of NHS
○firstname.lastname@example.org - Kryschelle Fakir OR
●Contact the faculty sponsor
○email@example.com - Sarah Tugman
You may drop in or make an appointment via this link. Just click on more details for the google meet link and the calendar to make an appointment.