Reopen > Reunite
Brighton School's Plan For Returning Students
A Letter From The Head Of School
I am thrilled to officially announce the return of our Kindergarten students to campus on Monday, October 5, 2020! Students in grades 1, 2, and 3 will follow in October. Getting our youngest learners back on campus is exciting in so many ways and I can't wait to see each of them very soon!
In this newsletter you will find updates regarding our safety procedures, dates to remember, school photo information, and more. Please take the time to read it carefully as there is information for every family enclosed.
Have a wonderful weekend!
* Online Academy - Monday, September 28 @ 6 pm.
* Preschool & PreKindergarten - Tuesday, September 29 @ 6 pm.
* Kindergarten - 2nd Grade - Thursday, October 1 @ 6 pm.
* 3rd - 5th Grade - Wednesday, September 30 @ 6 pm.
* Middle School - Tuesday, September 29 @6 pm.
Return To Campus Dates
* October 5, 2020 - Kindergarten
* October 12, 2020 - 1st Grade
* October 19, 2020 - 2nd & 3rd Grade
Teacher Inservice Day - NO SCHOOL
* October 9
* March 12
* May 28
School Picture Day
October 19 (more details below)
Parent Teacher Conferences - HALF DAYS FOR ALL STUDENTS
* October 27 - October 30
Veteran's Day - NO SCHOOL
Wednesday, November 11
THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY BREAK
* Wednesday, November 25, half day for all students
* NO SCHOOL November 26 & 27
WINTER BREAK - NO SCHOOL
December 21 - January 1
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - NO SCHOOL
* Students in Preschool & PreKindergarten : Face coverings are recommended inside, except when eating or napping. Face coverings are not required outside.
* Students in Kindergarten - Grade 8: Face coverings are required inside, except when eating. Face coverings are not required outside.
* Face coverings will not be worn during exercise, or by anyone who has trouble breathing or is unable to remove the face covering without assistance.
* Students will need to keep their belongings in a backpack/cinch bag that they can easily carry in and out of school. Bags MUST close with contents inside and will be kept in the classrooms. No lockers or cubbies will be used this year.
* Brighton School is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Health Checks/Illness Policy
Per the Parental Consent you signed via DocuSign:
Monitoring at Home: Parents agree to monitor their child’s health each day and keep their child home if he or she has a fever of 100.4 degrees or above, cough, fatigue, and/or other physical symptoms that require observation, health isolation, or medical treatment.
Temperature Taking: Parents understand that the School will take their child’s temperature before entering the School building and, as needed, throughout the day. If a child has a fever of 100.4 or above or shows other symptoms of illness, he or she will be isolated, Parents will be contacted, and the child must be picked up within one hour. If a child is sent home, he or she cannot return to school until he or she is symptom-free and fever-free without medication for 72 hours.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures and Protocols: Parents consent to the safety measures taken by the School in accordance with relevant regulations to reduce the spread of COVID-19, and agree to comply with any safety directives issued by the School, including not attending School for a period of time due to risk of exposure.
No Zero-Risk: Parents understand that these are safety measures and not a guarantee that anyone will be prevented from contracting any illness.
Tuition: Parents understand and agree that as long as the School is providing educational instruction for students, the tuition obligation remains unconditional whether or not their child is able to attend due to the child’s health or any directives issued in response to potential exposure in accordance with Paragraph 3 above. If it is necessary to temporarily close the School due to orders from the federal, state, or local government, the School will offer distance learning and tuition will continue at standard rates.
Accommodations: If Parents desire a reasonable accommodation for their child to participate in the school programs with the safety protocols in place, Parents will make such a request in writing to the School administration and cooperate in the interactive process as set forth in the School’s ADA Policy.
CDC Guidelines/Health Screening Questions:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose (mucus is green/yellow)
- Nausea or vomiting
Limited People On Campus
Vendors will only be allowed on campus if they are necessary for the maintenance of the building. All maintenance vendors will be screened for health priority to entry.
* High touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently during school hours.
* Outdoor playground structures and equipment will be sanitized 3x daily.
* Indoor materials will be sanitized daily.
* Hand sanitization stations have been installed in every classroom for extra use by students.
* Restrooms will sanitized 3x daily.
* Upgraded air filters have been installed.
* Shared items will be limited and disinfected between use.
* Additionally, our janitorial service will conduct deep cleaning and disinfecting nightly.
Temporary Hours of Operation
Due to COVID-19 restrictions Brighton will be minimizing operating hours until January 1, 2021 at a minimum. These shortened hours will also allow for extra time to sanitize our facilities nightly.
* Business Office Hours of Operation will be 8 am to 4 pm Monday - Friday.
* Drop off will be between 8:05 am and 8:45 am daily - designated time slots per grade.
* Pick up will be between 2:30 pm and 3:10 pm daily - designated time slots per grade.
Details on drop off and pick up are below, under policies & procedures.
* Please note: Many of our policies have been enhanced to reflect health and safety guidelines
Cleaning and Disinfecting
* Drop Off will take place in the drive through area (north parking lot). Please pay special attention to the directions being given to drivers by Brighton staff.
* Please arrive during your designated drop off time.
* All students must remain in their vehicle at drop off until a Brighton staff has conducted a health screening.
* Students will have their temperatures taken each day. If their temperature is 100.4 or higher, they will not be permitted to stay.
* Parents/guardians will complete a quick health survey each day. Students exhibiting 2 or more symptoms will not be able to attend camp.
* After students have passed the health screening, a staff member will walk students to their rooms. Students will wash their hands before participating in school activities.
* If you arrive late, you will be asked to park and the staff will conduct a health screen and take your child to class after the entire drive-through process has concluded.
* If you arrive after Brighton staff have left the drive-through area you may park in front of the building (58th Avenue side), call the office, and an administrator will assist you with checking in.
* It is essential that students arrive on time due to the health screening procedures we have in place. The school will not tolerate excessive tardiness.
Drop Off Times:
8:05 am - 8:15 am: 5th - 8th grade students
8:15 am - 8:25 am: 3rd - 4th grade students
8:25 am - 8:35 am: 2nd - Kindergarten students
8:35 am - 8:45 am: Preschool & PreKindergarten
* Siblings will be able to be dropped off at the same time.
* Please pull to the front of the drive through (follow Brighton staff directions), remain in your car, and a staff member will walk your student to your car.
* If you need to pick up your student early, please call the Brighton School Office at (425) 640-7067 to set a pick up time.
* Parents/guardians should carry identification.
Brighton staff working drop off and pick up will wear face coverings and gloves. We highly recommend that parents/guardians wear face coverings as well.
Pick Up Times:
2:30 pm - 2:45 pm: Preschool, PreKindergarten & Kindergarten students
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm: 4th grade - 1st grade students
3:00 pm - 3:10 pm: Middle School & 5th grade students
* If you have more than one student please arrive at the latest assigned pick-up time.
* Brighton School has a late pick-up fee of $10 per minute.
* Weekly Updates: Teachers will send a weekly update to families. These will include dates, information on special events, classroom news, and supplies that might be needed for class.
* Monthly Brighton Newsletter: Brighton news and updates from the Head of School.
* TADPOLES: Every day Early Childhood teachers will send home a variety of photos and a synopsis of your student's day. You will receive these via email and/or the Links2Home app.
* Social Media: Please follow us on Facebook for photos, reminders, and updates.
* As a reminder all school billing questions should be directed to Office Manager, Rachael Valles, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Picture Day, October 19
Picture day will look and feel a bit different this year. For students on campus, photos will be taken in the morning. For students 4th - 8th grade, who will still be Distance Learning, the process will be fairly simple. Sign up for a time with the link below. When you arrive at your time only students will be allowed to enter through the main door (street side) and will be brought the gym for photos. They will exit through the gym door (street side) to be intercepted by their parents. Unfortunately, we are unable to plan for complete class photos at this time but we are looking forward to the smiling faces in each students' personal photo!
Life Touch Photography will once again be taking our photos with some new safety precautions in place. The representatives will be wearing face coverings and screened for health upon arrival. They will maintain proper social distancing at all times and they will use contactless positioning.