by: Isaac, Justin, Shae-Lynn, and Crystal
Where he's from
- He was born in Noyon, Picardy, a town under the rule of the prince-bishop but one that also retained a medieval communal tradition.
- Son of a lawyer.
- Developed a love for scholarships and literature.
Why is he famous
- Best known for his doctrine of preplestination and his theocratic view of the state.
- John Calvin is the author of the most famous theological book ever published, called Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion.
Impact on Reformation
- He became an important spiritual and political leader.
- Calvin used Protestant principles to establish a religious government; and in 1555, he was given absolute supremacy as leader in Geneva.