How to avoid being scammed
By: Juan Lopez
10 ways to avoid fraud
- Find a sellers physical address and phone number.
- Don´t wire money to strangers, or to sellers who insist on wire transfers for payment.
- Check for charges or payments you don´t recognize on your email.
- Give money to established charities not to ones who spring up overnight.
- Buy prescription drugs only from licensed U.S. farmacies and ask your doctor about a drug you see online.
- If someone conttacts you for an investment that is low risk high cost stay way also if they demnad you to send cash immidiately report them at ftc.gov.
- Don´t send money to an unknown seller especially is they don´t have reviews or a special somone you haven´t met.
- Don´t agree to take a check or wire money especially if they overpay.
- Don reply if they ask for personal or sensitive information.
- Don´t play foreign lottery since its illegal and they take your money regardless if they say they´ll send your money back.