JSD Year 1 Newsletter
Friday 12 December 2014
- performed brilliantly in 'The Gruffalo's Child'
- talked about Scott and Amundsen, the British and Norwegian explorers who raced to the South Pole
- continued with addition and subtraction in maths
- pages to our mini penguin fact books
- created some penguin pictures using ripping techniques, water colour wash backgrounds and felt
- make an explorer diary
- finish out penguin fact books
- finish our topic about penguins and the polar regions
- continue with some wintery and Christmas crafts
- party lunch on Thursday - please see your class representative about what to bring in
- Please wear school uniform on Thursday - but you can add a festive decoration!
Hopefully you will have seen the note home on Gateway regarding Term 2 CCAs. Please note that Sunday 4th January is the deadline for signing up for clubs.
This is the final date that sign ups can be accepted. To allow for administration time and the club organisers to prepare for the start of their clubs, we are unable to accept any additions after this date.