Space Unit - science - Chloe Steele
Top Ten Facts About Venus
- Mass: 4,867,320,000,000,000 (0.814 x earth)
- Equatorial Diameter: 12,104 km
- Polar Diameter: 12,104 km
- Orbit Period: 224.70 earth days
- The Atmosphere of Venus is almost fully made of carbon dioxide
- Slightly smaller than Earth
- Venus features no liquid water
- Venus is as big a 6,052 km
- Length of a day is 116d 18h
- Gravity on Venus 8.87 m/s²
Who Discovered Venus?
Galileo pointed his telescope at Venus in 1610, and confirmed Copernicus' theory by showing that Venus went through distinct phases, just like the Moon. The phases matched the predictions made by Copernicus, and demonstrated that Venus was really a planet, orbiting the Sun and not the Earth.
How Hot Is Venus?
If you think its hot where you live you should go to Venus. Being the second planet closest to the sun temperatures can get even hotter than 462 degrees Celsius or 864 degrees fahrenheit.