Instructional Materials Newsletter
Updates and News Regarding Proclamations, etc
January Updates - PreK Edition
There are many updates within this edition, please let me know how I can best assist you with your textbook questions.
Cancelled - Feb. 25 Proclamation 2021 Textbook Showcase
ESC 15 has cancelled the February 25, PreK Proclamation 2021 Showcase. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this causes. We are still committed to assisting you in selecting a PreK curriculum for next school year, but those efforts will look a little different this year. Please continue reading for more information.
Prekindergarten Adoption Support Conference, including Virtual Publisher Fair - January 12-13
TEA will host a two-day, virtual Prekindergarten Adoption Support Conference and publisher fair January 12-13, 2021 from 9:00am to 4:00pm to support LEAs with the PreK materials selection process. Register for the conference here.
The Conference includes the following coaching and support for districts:
- Guidance on how to set-up a strong adoption process to explore available PreK products that culminates in a final adoption decision in alignment with local needs
- Best practices to build teacher and school leader buy-in on final adoption decision
- Guidance to define quality materials and resources, created by teachers, to review and evaluate materials based on quality
- Explore how the TPGs are addressed in different instructional materials
- Learn from other LEAs who have led successful selection processes in other subject areas by using available resources from TEA
- Direct access to publishers to ask questions about products based on detailed quality reviews provided by teachers
ESC 15 Publisher Zoom Sessions for PreK
PreK Materials Preview Days February 24-26
Prekindergarten Pricing Information Now Available
List of Prekindergarten Materials Adopted by the State Board of Education
The Proclamation 2021 webpage has been updated with the list of English and Spanish prekindergarten instructional materials adopted by the State Board of Education (SBOE).
New Quality Reviews Available for Prekindergarten and Mathematics
The Texas Resource Review website has been updated with quality reports for SBOE-adopted and non-adopted English prekindergarten systems and mathematics. The quality reports for SBOE-adopted Spanish prekindergarten systems will be available in March 2021. The quality reports contain information that districts may find useful when evaluating materials for local adoption.