CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
We keep the students inside on rainy days for recess or when the playground is flooded. Both of those have meant for longs days during this short week. Tack on a front row seat to our playground demolition and the building is at a fever pitch. The Kindergarten Egg-Tastic Parade this afternoon may have put us over the edge. Probably a good thing they are headed home to you for a few days. :)
- Take advantage of an opportunity to see Mr. Shipley in tights next Friday night at Zumba! Maybe not that enticing, but please join us for a fun event that will help raise money for his CAP Prom campaign. Jana Bartels, CSA Lincoln parent, knows her Zumba and will be leading the event. See the PTO Update below for more details.
- Our student reporters are back at it with a video from First Grade. Check out the video below to hear why they love CSA Lincoln. Recess, lunch and PE were usually at the top of my list growing up too!
- Report Cards are headed home in backpacks today.
- The Linden Project construction officially began this week! This has created quite the buzz among students. Our staff will be working through alternative plans for recess next Wednesday at our staff meeting. We practiced a fire drill with the alternate evacuation location and updated those procedures yesterday. Please check the CSA Lincoln Community Facebook page for updates. They plan to have demo, grading and layout completed before we take a break for ISTEP testing.
- Sydney and Sophia wrapped up their Helping the Homeless project over SPring Break! Boxes were set out at Hotel Indigo, the Library, Hamilton Center, Marvin Johnson, Cummins IOB and Hoosier Hills Allstate Insurance for 2 weeks. They collected approximately 1120 items, a variety of personal hygiene products, laundry and cleaning products and food. Delivery to Brighter Days and Horizon House occurred on Monday, March 19. The girls were able to take a tour of the Horizon House facility and really enjoyed seeing where their donations will actually be used.
- Please see the attached wedding invitation for two very important members of the Lincoln family. Mr. Shipley and Miss Sparks will be tying the knot in a short ceremony on Saturday, May 5th on the front steps of CSA Lincoln Elementary! There will be a reception afterwards and they ask that you complete the attached survey to indicate if you are planning on attending so they can account for food.
- The Kindergarten Egg-Tastic Parade was this afternoon. Thank you parents and Pinterest! Video is linked below.
- Reminder that there is no school tomorrow (Friday, March 30th). We will see you Monday.
Enjoy your long weekend!
Husky Gram Winners
Join us in the CSA gym on Friday, 4/6 from 6-8pm to dance and support Mr. Shipley's run for CAP Prom King! This event is open to all ages so be sure to invite friends and family! A free will donation is appreciated and will be used to "Vote" for Mr. Shipley for CAP Prom King. Each dollar raised equals 1 vote! All proceeds go to Family Services for child abuse prevention. Come out for a fun night to support one of our amazing teachers and this worthwhile cause!
Follow Mr. Shipley's progress or vote directly at:
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley