DIALING IN TO THE SCP
THE UCALGARY STUDENT CALLER & RESEARCHER CONNECTION W17 V2
Winter Fundraising Stats
$5,430.48 from 68 donations
$79.92 average and 81% on credit card!
Let's strive to bring up those average gift sizes - remember to be confident in your first ask (double last gift, or $150 if last gift was under $75!).
Weekly Leaderboard Recognition
Save the Date
In case you have to field any questions in regards to the upcoming federal by-elections on April 3, 2017, here are some reminders on how we handle them.
- The University of Calgary is a non-partisan organization and does not support or endorse any political party or candidate at any level of government.
- The University of Calgary recognizes the right of students, employees, academic staff members and postdoctoral scholars to participate as individuals in the political process provided they do not use university resources to do so, and subject to the restrictions laid out in the Partisan Political Activities Policy. Members of the university community must be rigorous in not using university resources for partisan political purposes. Key points of the policy include:
- The University of Calgary cannot make contributions (money or donations in-kind) to any political party or candidate running in an election. Any funds that flow through the university including operating, research or donated funds cannot be used for partisan political purposes.
- University funds cannot be used to cover the cost of attending partisan political fundraising or campaign events.
- University resources cannot be used to promote partisan political events or campaigns. This would include using your ucalgary.ca email address for partisan political purposes, including distributing campaign information, forwarding campaign materials received in your ucalgary.ca inbox, or using university mailing or email lists to distribute campaign materials.
- Election signs and posters for candidates may only be placed on the publicly available bulletin boards inside university buildings. Signs placed elsewhere may be removed.
The policy is not intended to limit or interfere with academic freedom and does not preclude academic staff members or postdoctoral scholars from engaging with political parties, their candidates or other political party representatives in conducting teaching and research.
If you have any questions, please contact the Government Relations office: Barb Wright, Director of Government Relations (Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org /403-210-6134).
Katie's Weekly Wonders
M&M's originated in the United States in 1941, and are now sold in as many as 100 countries.More than 400 million individual M&M's are produced every day in the United States.
As of December 2013, sixty-one countries have operated artificial satellites; the first being the Soviet Union in 1957 with Sputnik 1. The Goddard Space Flight Center's lists that there are currently 2,271 satellites currently in orbit.
All jellyfish are Cnidaria, an animal phylum that contains jellies, sea anemones, and corals, among others. There are more than 10,000 species of Cnidaria, and less than 4,000 of these are Medusazoa—those animals we think of as jellyfish.
In many Eurasian languages, chai or cha is the word for tea. This comes from the Persian چای chay, which originated from the Cantonese Chinese word for tea 茶 chá. The English word 'tea', on the other hand, comes from the Teochew dialect of Chinese "teeh".
McDonald's pioneered breakfast fast food with the introduction of the Egg McMuffin in 1972 when market research indicated that a quick breakfast would be welcomed by consumers.
From One Foodie to the Next
Do you like breakfast food? Yah, me too! But by breakfast food, I mean brunch. I LOVE BRUNCH! There's breakfast food, lunch food and sometimes even dinner food all in one meal! Check out OEB Breakfast Co. for all your brunch needs. They have a pretty diverse menu so no matter how many times you've been there, you won't be bored. I got the 'Soul in a Bowl' from their BOX'D menu of breakfast poutines. It was divine and I loved it! 10/10 I recommend! They have two locations: downtown and on Edmonton trail. The downtown location is usually busy so plan ahead. Grace who also loves OEB recommended that you download the 'No Wait' app which allows you to save your spot in line literally without the wait! Check out their website: https://www.eatoeb.com/ and their delicious meals and let me know what you think!
That's not my picture below but its a pretty accurate depiction except for the photo editing
Feedback? Comments? Suggestions?
Thanks and have a terrific weekend!