Hewitt High School Band
December 6th, 2022
March 17, 2023
Congratulations on a fantastic MPA showing this week! We are so proud of all of the students and thank you all for your hard work and dedication the past few months. Each band received Superior Ratings across the board! Please read everything below in detail and click on the appropriate links. We hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Michael Guzman, AJ Adair, and Shannon Weber-Moore
News & Announcements
Wind Ensemble's 'Music for All Trip' Information
- Click Here for lots of information regarding the trip!
- The general layout of the itinerary is on this document. A detailed itinerary will be provided early next week and gone over in detail at the meeting. In the meantime, all necessary info is available in the link above.
- We will have an itinerary meeting after the Send-Off performance Thursday night, please plan to attend.
- ***Reminder to be thinking about the required dress code for this trip (business attire).
- Tickets for our performance, and other high school performances, are FREE and open to the public!
- MEDICATION: Please keep an eye out for an email this weekend regarding student medications for this trip after Ms. DePew (school nurse) sends us info/forms. Any student with prescription/OTC medicine will need to fill the form out and have it turned in no later than Wednesday 3/22.
- We would like to have an assortment of snacks/water for students throughout the trip and are asking for some donations of "Costco/sams club size" boxes of snacks for students. Please sign up to donate snacks here. Thank you!
- If you have any questions about this trip, please don't hesitate to reach out!
- Drum Major Clinics will be held Tuesday 4/18 and Thursday 4/20 from 3:30-5:30pm. These clinics will be required for all students interested in being drum major. Please mark your calendars now! If you have an unavoidable conflict, please reach out to Ms. Moore ASAP.
- Parents/Guardians/Students please make sure you are in the Indoor Percussion band app for communications.
- Click Here for the WGI Atlanta Regional itinerary.
- Please note the travel time/truck loading details. There is a time zone change!
- Spectator Ticket information can be found on the itinerary.
- Please consider taking the MIDDLE route (3:30 estimate) if you plan to travel in the early morning. It says it takes a bit longer, but will avoid most of the Atlanta morning traffic.
- Our last event, the Friends & Family Performance is next Tuesday 3/21. Itinerary linked here. This will take place in the large arena gym at 7pm. Hope to see you there as we conclude our season!
- Remaining Indoor Season Calendar:
- Friday 3/17 3:30-6, load trucks & dismissal by 7pm
- Saturday 3/18: WGI Atlanta Regional!
- Tuesday 3/21: Friends & Family performance
- Linked Here is contact info for parents/guardians available to help carpool students to the out of town competitions throughout the season. Please save this page if you need any help transporting your students.
- For all questions regarding Indoor Percussion, please contact Ms. Moore. email@example.com
Happening This Week
Saturday 3/18: Indoor Percussion WGI Atlanta Regional!
Monday 3/20: Wind Ensemble Rehearsal 3:30-5pm
Tuesday 3/21: Wind Ensemble Rehearsal 3:30-5pm
also Tuesday 3/21: Indoor Rehearsal 5pm, Friends & Family Show 7pm
Thursday 3/23: Wind Ensemble Rehearsal 2:30-4:30pm, Send-Off Concert 6pm & Trip Meeting 7pm
Saturday 3/25: Spring Break begins!
*itineraries will be provided for all events*
- 3/18 - Indoor Percussion Show Day, WGI Atlanta
- 3/21 - Indoor Percussion Friends & Family Show
- 3/23 - Wind Ensemble Send-Off Concert 6pm
- 3/27 thru 3/31 - Spring Break
- 3/30 thru 4/3 - Wind Ensemble 'Music for All' Trip
- 4/7 - No School, Teacher Work Day
- 4/12 thru 4/17 - Spring Washington DC Trip!
- 4/25 - Jazz Ensembles Spring Concert
- 4/26 thru 4/29 - All-State Honor Band Festival
Associate Director, AJ Adair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director, Shannon Moore: email@example.com